Which player would be the best if he had an identical twin?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The answer is Crosby or Malkin or kucherov tho. Someone that can pass and shoot. Or 2 30 minute dmen . I don’t think McDavid would play well with a second McDavid tbh. The Sedins worked so well cuz one was a shooter and one was the better passer.
Daniel was the better shooter of the two but never a great shooter. Wasn’t ever going to beat goalies with his shot off the face off circles. Most of his goals are more in tight.

Best duo would be top level D who can play both ends.

For forwards, have to be a shooter and passer. 2 Ovys probably not the best combo to have.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Which player would be the best if they had a twin playing along side them but they time traveled into the future to get another version that was five years older to play along side them. But their delorean time machine only has two seats. so one of the twins has to wait in 2023 while one of them brings him back to the current. The Delorean's flux capacitor breaks and with no way of fixing it you now have a set of twins but one is from five years in the future. who do you chose?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
If Crosby had someone who thought the game exactly like him...I doubt that line would ever go a game without scoring.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Two Kesler's. Playing on the same line, with the exact same antics. Can you imagine the terror they would create on the ice? Would you not be entertained?

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
The answer is Crosby or Malkin or kucherov tho. Someone that can pass and shoot. Or 2 30 minute dmen . I don’t think McDavid would play well with a second McDavid tbh. The Sedins worked so well cuz one was a shooter and one was the better passer.

The Sedins are both passers. Daniel had to become the shooter out of necessity, and his shot wasn't anything crazy.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The Sedins are both passers. Daniel had to become the shooter out of necessity, and his shot wasn't anything crazy.
Well he can at least somewhat shoot henrik is gonna get like 5 goals this year.

Anyways my point was I would rather have 2 guys that compliment eachother over 2 of the exact same player if they were on a line.

Sedins did cuz they had the crazy cycle game idk if mcdavid would stand having another guy that wants the puck all the time on his line

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Depends on if you're talking about a clone or a twin. If it's a twin and they're both skaters, they'll develop like the Sedins. One will gravitate toward playmaking and the other toward shooting (assuming they are forwards). On defense, one would likely be a left side and the other a right side (even if they are same handed). They would learn from a young age to compliment each other. So take any two players with really good IQ/physical abilities and they would work great together. Goalies would be the obvious exception.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

2 McDavid's would be pretty nasty though, imagine how many 2 on 1s or even 2 on 0s they would create? The best answer to this thread is Crosby though, one Crosby infront of the net and one behind the net in the offensive zone = game over for the other team.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Imagine if Marchand had a twin brother named Chad Marchand, who was just as good if not better than Brad but without the antics. That would be a helluva hockey player.

It's not possible to not have antics with a guy named Chad. ;)

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Henrik and Daniel Sedin have benefitted immensely from being identical twins and sharing a bond and chemistry that simply cannot be matched in the league. This has allowed them to dominate opposition as legitimate NHL superstars.

Now imagine if other players had a clone of themselves who they shared a telepathic connection with. Two Sidney Crosby's or two Connor McDavid's in the same line? Can you imagine how bad they would torch the league? Henrik and Daniel Sedin's peaks which now are comparable to McDavid and Crosby would look underwhelming in comparison. Or two Wayne Gretzky's, dear god.

Crosby wouldn't be good with himself as a linemate. Sidney would be too talented to play with Crosby on his line. He only plays well with scrub grinders.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Interesting to think about. Currently, both Crosby and Malkin would be good choices assuming you can train one to be more of a center and one to be more of a winger, which shouldn't be too difficult for either. An elite defenseman that is good offensively and defensively would probably have the most impact. Something like a Doughty or Keith from a few years ago.

All time, It's be hard to argue against Gretzky or Howe. I don't think doubling Orr or Lemieux would have the same kind of effect as those two (even as much as I admite Lemieux). An outside pick of mine would be Red Kelly or Federov. Forwards that were elite defensively and offensively. Probably have a crazy impact on games.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
McDavid is the obvious current answer. He’s hard enough to attempt to contain as is. You can’t double team 2 players. With his passing ability, they’d be springing each other for breakaways all day.

The first name to come to mind otherwise is Thornton. He’s slowed down as you’d expect, but if you go back to 27 year old Thornton... With his ability to protect the puck and find the open man, they’d play keepaway for 20 minutes a game.

Reactions: jetsforever

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
If Florida had two Barkovs, they would never lose a shootout ever again.

2x Buff would be interesting. Not just the defensive breakdowns, but the fact that the whole opposing team could leave in wheelchairs if need be.

Laine - Scheifele - Laine would be nuts if they had the proper defense to back them up.

Reactions: jetsforever

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
It doesn't matter. Jack and Zach Eichel would still be better than Austin and Faustino Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad