Which player is most likely to reach 60 goals in 2020-21?

Best shot at 60 goals next season not named Ovechkin?

• Total voters

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think I’m going to go with Matthews.

If the Leafs put Marner on his line for a full season, I feel like that gives him the best shot.

Draisaitl is my number 2 option. I think those two guys will be the best goal scorers for the next few years.

Reactions: bobholly39

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Matthews and Pasta both paced close to it this year (55 and 56), but Pasta was doing it with high PP time and unusually high PP production, while playing on a line with 2 great players 5v5. He could play a few more 5v5 minutes to up his totals, but in general, Matthews has more room to push his number up given his lower PP time, and the fact he was only put with Marner regularly under Keefe. I don't think anyone else has a shot, unless Laine gets his trajectory back on track.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Highly doubt anybody hits it.

But if its anyone it will be Matthews or Pastrnak.

I would take either over Ovechkin even if he was an option.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Laine. I don’t think any of these other players have that potential in their game. I’m not suggesting that I think it’s anywhere near likely for Laine, but I at least think he has that potential. In his absolute prime season, I think he’ll threaten 60 goals.

Reactions: wetcoast

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I dont understand this logic at all lmao
No kidding. They all have some potential and only Panarin is lacking(Zibanejad aside) a strong supporting cast which is essential.
Voted Pasta.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
None, only players with that capacity were ovechkin stamkos and I firmly believe Crosby would have gunned for it at 23 years old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad