Which player is having the biggest "letdown" season?

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who qualify. The only criterion is that they must have had a good season last year and have come back with a clunker.

I'm busy actually watching hockey, so I'll get the ball rolling with one player: Cam Atkinson. Screw it, two. Artturi Lehkonen (though he has been better lately).

I should have said "players" in the title. Feel free to list as many or as little as you wish.

Last edited:

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Lehkonen has been hurt quite a bit. Atkinson is a great one. I’d say Joe Pavelski is having a bit of a down year too

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
Lehkonen has been hurt quite a bit. Atkinson is a great one. I’d say Joe Pavelski is having a bit of a down year too
Yeah, Pavs scored twice (I think) against VGK the other night and I was shocked that he has like twelve goals.

And yeah, Lehkonen has been hurt for sure, but that can qualify as a letdown too, if you want to see it that way.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Connor McOilers, I expected more from him. Figured he would be in a playoff spot right now but I guess not.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Erik Karlsson, Brandon Saad, Cam Atkinson.

Patrik Laine isn’t a big let-down but he has been somewhat dissappointment.

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
The Jackets veteran core of Foligno, Dubinsky, Atkinson, Wennberg, and Jenner has really let them down. I'd say either Atkinson or Wennberg are having statistically horrible seasons.
That's a whole lot of players for one team. Massive power outage. The teams vying for that final WC spot in the Metro teamsall have glaring weaknesses.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Letang's decline makes sense. The guy is coming back from yet another serious injury. If he can overcome that, he can be a good player again.

True but I mean it's been how long now?? Plus after awhile he looked better after coming back from the f***ing stroke he had.

Post-stroke Letang > wonky neck Letang

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
True but I mean it's been how long now?? Plus after awhile he looked better after coming back from the ****ing stroke he had.

Post-stroke Letang > wonky neck Letang

Eh, a stroke at the age of 27 isn't the end of the world. You can fully recover and live your life like it never happened. A broken neck though, that's an awful injury for a pro athlete. Letang didn't get to do anything for like 6 months. God knows how hard it is to be a pro athlete, let alone one of the best. Letang is experiencing what it's like to walk the road back to the top again. At the age of 30.

timelydewd

Jan 7, 2018
Eh, a stroke at the age of 27 isn't the end of the world. You can fully recover and live your life like it never happened. A broken neck though, that's an awful injury for a pro athlete. Letang didn't get to do anything for like 6 months. God knows how hard it is to be a pro athlete, let alone one of the best. Letang is experiencing what it's like to walk the road back to the top again. At the age of 30.
Imagine what he would have been capable of had all these injuries not blighted his career. I was fortunate enough to watch him play a lot in junior and it sucks he's had to go through all this adversity.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Imagine what he would have been capable of had all these injuries not blighted his career. I was fortunate enough to watch him play a lot in junior and it sucks he's had to go through all this adversity.

I'm going to give my personal opinion and say that some people only thrive if they are faced with adversity. I'm one of them. Put me in a situation in which I'm too comfortable and I will disappoint. Put me in a tough spot and I rise to the challenge. Maybe Letang is that type of person, who knows?

Reactions: BAM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad