Which player does Armstrong trade first?

Who is the first player to get a new zip code?

• Total voters

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I only see Goligoski and Kuemper moving as of right now.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think it'll be a surprise. Something that gets the room's attention.

I imagine Raanta and Goose go before the season starts. Maybe if they get what they want for Keumper, Raanta stays. Might still go if you get Freddy or Reimer back.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
I wish it was Stepan, personally.

But I go with Goligoski (also thought maybe Raanta) as the first to be shipped. He's got one of the higher $$ amounts and already submitted his list. Also see it as a possible good culture move. Dude quit on the team just over a season ago by his own admission and he was definitely awful while he was checked out. Don't want players like that, done with the low motor bs... adios.

Raanta is a difficult one for me. They want a good package for Kuemper but will it go through? If not.. it's gonna be Raanta, imo. I don't think they go into the season with both AND Hill signed to his contract.

But I'll say all this and be wrong. It's fated to be so haha.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Talking about getting rid of players due to a country club atmosphere and Kessel isn't the first name on the list?

I suppose it's an acknowledgement that the Coyotes are stuck with him because no other team will want him.
Country club has existed long before Kessel arrived.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Raanta probably stays until they see if they can move Kuemper, which is part of the goalie carousal.

Army needs to be careful with OEL, he needs to return a sure thing, plus picks and probably a cap dump. Won't be easy.

If Tocc stays, Stepan probably stays....at least until the TDL.

Which leaves Goligoski.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Talking about getting rid of players due to a country club atmosphere and Kessel isn't the first name on the list?

I suppose it's an acknowledgement that the Coyotes are stuck with him because no other team will want him.

Agreed but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if he pots 25 and hits 60 points again. I think pro players who have been in the league for more than 5+ years have ebbs and flows. I know many have sharp declines but that is usually because of the amount of injuries they sustain. With the ebbs and flows, I think players always have an anomaly season both good and the bad. It just happens because of variance, and health and personal life. Rust may very well have played his best season ever. I'd put money on him never scoring as much again. I'm less confident in putting money on Kessel having a bounce back season but would not be surprised if it happened either. After all of his talk right before the bubble and his play in the Nashville series I thought for sure he turned a corner but he was pitiful against Colorado. Time will tell but if we can't move him I feel like there's a better chance I'm happy with his 20-21 season than even more disappointed with his play than I already am.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Raanta probably stays until they see if they can move Kuemper, which is part of the goalie carousal.

Army needs to be careful with OEL, he needs to return a sure thing, plus picks and probably a cap dump. Won't be easy.

If Tocc stays, Stepan probably stays....at least until the TDL.

Which leaves Goligoski.
Even if Tocc doesn't stay, I don't see how you trade Stepan unless you pick up two middle-six centers somewhere else. Otherwise, trade him at the deadline. He's fine cash value from here on out.

But I think you basically nailed it. Wait and see on Keumper. If you get your haul with Freddy or Reimer back (or don't trade him), then you can trade Raanta confidently. If you deal Darcy without a goalie back, might as well keep Raanta at $2M.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Agreed but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if he pots 25 and hits 60 points again.

At what cost? At this point he's a net negative at ES. He was one of the worst skaters in the league last year, up there with Loui Eriksson. He's now just average on the PP. He might be the softest player in the league on the puck. That's before we get to any culture issues.

Only way you move him if is a team gets left out in the cold due to a very, very dry FA market and they take him @3.4m for two years to be a 3RW.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Agreed but I also wouldn't be surprised at all if he pots 25 and hits 60 points again. I think pro players who have been in the league for more than 5+ years have ebbs and flows. I know many have sharp declines but that is usually because of the amount of injuries they sustain. With the ebbs and flows, I think players always have an anomaly season both good and the bad. It just happens because of variance, and health and personal life. Rust may very well have played his best season ever. I'd put money on him never scoring as much again. I'm less confident in putting money on Kessel having a bounce back season but would not be surprised if it happened either. After all of his talk right before the bubble and his play in the Nashville series I thought for sure he turned a corner but he was pitiful against Colorado. Time will tell but if we can't move him I feel like there's a better chance I'm happy with his 20-21 season than even more disappointed with his play than I already am.

For your sake I hope so but I have heavy doubts about it. I think he only gets worse and worse.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I have this feeling Schmaltz is going to be moved. I think he's our most valuable movable asset behind OEL. And a Schmaltz deal would be a lot simpler than an OEL one.

Armstrong would be very familiar with him with his time in Chicago and I don't think he fits the mold for how he wants our team to play. Especially with already having Keller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad