Which player are you most interested in tracking before the season?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Most excited with watching Shinkaruk, but how the Horvat/Vey thing shakes out is probably the most significant camp battle to watch.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Most excited with watching Shinkaruk, but how the Horvat/Vey thing shakes out is probably the most significant camp battle to watch.

Shinkaruk/Horvat/Vey are going to battle hard for that spot.

I think if Vey plays well enough he should play on the 2nd line with Shinkaruk and that is if Shinkaruk can keep playing consistently and be a threat.

Horvat on the other hand I really want him to develop in the NHL and junior isn't going to help him in my opinion. I really hate that AHL age limit.

Vey if this kid plays the way he did against San Jose the other night I think he would be great on the 2nd line with Shink and Bones.

The lineup is just so packed with depth. I would like to have this lineup even though its not possible with Kassian, Burrows and Hansen.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Shinkaruk - Vey - Bonino (Young speedy lethal line)
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen (Burr would be good in Hansen's spot too)
Matthias - Richardson - Kassian (Good chem)

----------------------------------------------

This is probably what will happen:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata (Good 1st line hopefully they dominate like they should)
Bonino - Vey - Kassian (Good young line that will bring offense and a some toughness from Kass)
Higgins - Horvat - Burrows (Good checking line with offensive upside)
Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen (Dorsett will be nice and Richie/Hansen will bring grit and be good for the PK)

Let Shinkaruk develop in the AHL and become a better player. (I have a feeling he will play too good though)

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Kassian. Now my favorite Canuck, I'm interested to see his progress and development with hopefully more minutes.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Shinkaruk/Horvat/Vey are going to battle hard for that spot.

I think if Vey plays well enough he should play on the 2nd line with Shinkaruk and that is if Shinkaruk can keep playing consistently and be a threat.

Horvat on the other hand I really want him to develop in the NHL and junior isn't going to help him in my opinion. I really hate that AHL age limit.

Vey if this kid plays the way he did against San Jose the other night I think he would be great on the 2nd line with Shink and Bones.

The lineup is just so packed with depth. I would like to have this lineup even though its not possible with Kassian, Burrows and Hansen.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Shinkaruk - Vey - Bonino (Young speedy lethal line)
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen (Burr would be good in Hansen's spot too)
Matthias - Richardson - Kassian (Good chem)

----------------------------------------------

This is probably what will happen:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata (Good 1st line hopefully they dominate like they should)
Bonino - Vey - Kassian (Good young line that will bring offense and a some toughness from Kass)
Higgins - Horvat - Burrows (Good checking line with offensive upside)
Dorsett - Richardson - Hansen (Dorsett will be nice and Richie/Hansen will bring grit and be good for the PK)

Let Shinkaruk develop in the AHL and become a better player. (I have a feeling he will play too good though)

I really don't think Shinkaruk as a Winger is battling for the same sort of spots/role as Centers like Horvat and Vey at all though.

I'm just excited to see where he's at after not really getting a chance to see him play most of last year due to injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad