Which one of the kids is likely to be moved first?

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
So, with the hiring of Chiarelli, I'm sure one of the kids will be on their way out for some defensive help or goaltending. Seeing as our C depth is fairly important and a big body like Draisatl who is ideal in our conference could be moved to wing, I'd think Eberle is the odd man out.

I think Yak wouldn't return enough value, plus i'm really high on him and his shot and work ethic. I wouldn't mind trading Hall either, as he would return the most, but i think he holds too much value to the organization. Who do you guys see being traded out of the kids, if any?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd say Taylor Hall.

Hopkins and Eberle have chemistry.
Mcdavid is untouchable and Yakupov is unproven.

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Kevin the Kid for tier 1 future considerations.

lowe.jpg

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Hall for me, but ONLY after all UFA options and cap-dump trades have been evaluated.

Year 1 should not bring major trades from the "core"

If anything... say bye-bye to Jultz. Good riddance!!!!!!!

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Schultz. His big $$$ demands can go. Petry can come back under the new regime.

If we win a cup or 2 in 4 years and the core takes a discount, I think everyone will stay.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Tough to say. Doubt he's going to trade either one of them the coming season. If we didn't get McDavid I'd say Hall but you just don't trade him before you see what kind of chemistry he has with Connor. He's probably gonna try and get rid of everything else this coming season before touching any of the core guys (not including Schultz).

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
None. Chia will wait until he actually watches them play before any drastic moves.

He tried to get Eberle and Hall in Boston. Little chance he moves them.
RNH is the top c and plays a good 2 way game ala Bergeron.
Yak plays a tough style and has unrealized potential.
Drai is a big C and he said he wants the Oilers to play heavier
Nurse is developing very well and plays a position the team is desperate for.

Possibly Schultz. But even then, we are lacking NHL D, so moving one out can't be the top priority.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Depends on what is offered. If teams are hot after Draisaitl I could see him being dealt.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
My choice is Eberle.

Hall - one of the best at his position but undervalued because of the team around him. He could go in a major trade for a top-four D-man.
Nuge - top-centre potential, great playmaker; he stays.
Yak - way undervalued. Could go, I suppose, but you don't full value for him.
McDavid - virtually no chance he is traded.

Who, if anyone, goes depends on who you want back in a trade. Big trade, others can be on the table.

Last edited:

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Interstingly I think Mact would have done more this summer. My guess is Chia will really push some FA to come, might not see any trades.
Down the line who knows, probably Eberle.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
My choice is Eberle.

Hall - one of the best at his position but undervalued because of the team around him. He could go in a major trade for a top-two centre.
Nuge - top-centre potential, great playmaker; he stays.
Yak - way undervalued. Could go, I suppose, but you don't full value for him.
McDavid - virtually no chance he is traded.

Who, if anyone, goes depends on who you want back in a trade. Big trade, others can be on the table.

Why on earth do we need one of those now?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
None. Chia will wait until he actually watches them play before any drastic moves.

He tried to get Eberle and Hall in Boston. Little chance he moves them.
RNH is the top c and plays a good 2 way game ala Bergeron.
Yak plays a tough style and has unrealized potential.
Drai is a big C and he said he wants the Oilers to play heavier
Nurse is developing very well and plays a position the team is desperate for.

Possibly Schultz. But even then, we are lacking NHL D, so moving one out can't be the top priority.

I agree, I don't think any of the top guys will get moved any time soon.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
none to start unless the offer completely blows them away. However its going to happen especially if they all hit their potential otherwise the oilers will be a cap hell by the time McDavid is signing his 2nd contract the oiler core will look totally different.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Chia tried to acquire eberle once so I doubt he is out.

Hall he tried to trade up for so he likes him also.

RNH has that type of 2 way Bergeron type game and is the only proven centre.

Yak is pretty cheap and has some of the fire in his game Chia talked about today about not needing to be big to play heavy so not sure he gets moved.

I stil dont see any of the forwards moved besides Purcell and think nicotine is for sure gone also.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Eberle. He's hit his ceiling and has the most trade value of the kids.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I'm not sure he rushes into moving anyone at the moment. If they did, I think Eberle is the likely candidate. His stock has got to be higher than it was a year ago, which is the opposite of Hall's situation. I don't think Chiarelli is going to be peddling assets out the door when their value is compromised. Just a hunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad