Value of: Which of your team's UFAs do you want to bring back? Contract? Role?

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
:panthers

Bring Back:
Hoffman for the first line at 7m x 4y
Pysyk for the fourth line at 1.5m x 2y

Maybe:

Dadonov for the first line if we can't keep Hoffman. 6.5m x 4y (If he wants more, I'd rather just swing for the fences with Hall than overpay Dadonov as second choice).
Haula as a middle six center if he's reasonable at 4m x 2y

No thanks:
Boyle, but I don't even know what happened with him in the first place. Was a weird storyline for us this year.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Ottawa:

Bring Back:
No one. I sincerely don't care about any of them.

Maybe:

Borowiecki - 6th d-man. 1M. If he wants more, best of luck in Free Agency. You've earned it bud.

No thanks:
Hainsey. It has been swell. If you want to keep playing, someone will pay you. You're not "done" yet.
Boedker. Best of luck with health man.
Matthew Peca: I never understood why we acquired you to begin with
Sabourin: I know you're going to get re-signed, I just don't care. Don't go over your data limit in the press box. The overages will kill you.
Anderson: If we didn't have NIlsson, I'd sign you as a backup. If you price yourself right, I'm sure someone will want you.
MacArthur: Enjoy retirement
Callahan: I never even got a chance to get to know you.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
:leafs

Spezza - for sure

maybe
Barrie - Like him but I don't think that fit will ever make sense.

No
Clifford - can't afford 4th liners making much of anything
Ceci - Hell no
Bunch of Marlies that I don't care either way

Reactions: banks

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
San Jose IMO
Bring Back:
Stephan Noesen great 4th liner 800k x 1y
Patrick Marleau still fast enough, good enough to stick on the 4th and play well 700k x 1y
Joe Thornton still a great passer and mentor to our young players 900k x1y

Maybe:
Brenden Dillon if either Vlasic or Burns gets moved, its a no brainer 4m x 4y
Tim Heed if Burns or Vlasic is moved and he wants to 900k x 1y

No thanks:
Dalton Prout dude cant stay healthy at all
Brandon Davidson who?
Melker Karlsson my namesake but seriously he doesnt know what offense is so no
Anthony Greco who?
Lukas Radil back to europe
Jonny Brodzinski back to the AHL
Aaron Dell not good enough to split time with Jones so has to go

Reactions: Nolan11

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Flyers I think they may all go for sake of discussion.
Nate Thompson another year another team sir. Easily replaceable. Chance of return 0.00000001%

Brian Elliott they can go cheap on one year deal I suppose but I would prefer an upgrade. 40% and wish it were less.

Tyler Pitlick He stayed healthy and did everything the team asked of him. Flyers have a lot of young rw's in the system and I can see the newly signly Sandin taking his place. A 1 year deal I think about and more than 1 year I say see ya. This is not an anti-Pitlick view. Just a go youth and prepare for needing cap room in 2021. 25%

Derek Grant If Patrick was cleared by free agency date than this is 0%. If Patrick is not cleared I can see why you would want to retain as 4c backup plan. I'll say 25%.

Justin Braun- (just turned 33 in February)What does he get on open market and how many years?- With virus does he only get a 1 year 3m deal? I might bite on that. If he gets offered 2 years elsewhere, and rhd Zamula on the way I think I pass. 30%

Prediction Elliott is back and everyone else walks.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Penguins.

None.

Sheary is likely too expensive.
Schultz has been terrible the last two seasons and will likely be too expensive.
Marleau. I’d resign him if he is interested at league minimum.

RFAs.

McCann. I’d trade him to be honest. He’s great at C, but they aren’t playing him there.
Rodrigues. Don’t qualify him and hope he takes a one year prove it deal. Loved his game in Buffalo, loved it here.
Riikola. If we get rid of JJ definitely resign him as a #6-7.
Simon. Trade for a 3rd. Too expensive for what he likely will bring.
Lafferty. Easy sign.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Habs only have three UFA: Dale Weise (meh), Christian Folin (nah), Keith Kinkaid (hell no)

but technically, I guess we could also consider Ilya Kovalchuk and Nate Thompson who they might very well bring back

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Penguins.

None.

Sheary is likely too expensive.
Schultz has been terrible the last two seasons and will likely be too expensive.
Marleau. I’d resign him if he is interested at league minimum.

RFAs.

McCann. I’d trade him to be honest. He’s great at C, but they aren’t playing him there.
Rodrigues. Don’t qualify him and hope he takes a one year prove it deal. Loved his game in Buffalo, loved it here.
Riikola. If we get rid of JJ definitely resign him as a #6-7.
Simon. Trade for a 3rd. Too expensive for what he likely will bring.
Lafferty. Easy sign.
I wonder about Sheary. Sullivan, Rutherford, and Crosby all clearly like his game. Sullivan is his in-law too. Sheary will have already made a pretty buck after this contract is up, and he's clearly 1000x better off getting to be Crosby's third wheel on a competitive team rather than a middle 6 forward cast off to whoever would pay him like one.
If he wants to win, and if he wants to extend his career by putting up points on a playoff team, you'd think he'd take a discount so long as he gets a NTC.
How would 2.75m x 4y sound to you?
I know that the following looks good.

Zucker - Crosby -Sheary
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Rodrigues - McCann - Hornqvist
Lafferty - Blueger - Tanev

PS, why would they not give McCann the 3C spot and dump Bjugstad or just wait for him to get severely injured lol. McCann is such a Sullivan/Crosby player and is far more versatile and will be cheaper and longer term.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I wonder about Sheary. Sullivan, Rutherford, and Crosby all clearly like his game. Sullivan is his in-law too. Sheary will have already made a pretty buck after this contract is up, and he's clearly 1000x better off getting to be Crosby's third wheel on a competitive team rather than a middle 6 forward cast off to whoever would pay him like one.
If he wants to win, and if he wants to extend his career by putting up points on a playoff team, you'd think he'd take a discount so long as he gets a NTC.
How would 2.75m x 4y sound to you?
I know that the following looks good.

Zucker - Crosby -Sheary
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust
Rodrigues - McCann - Hornqvist
Lafferty - Blueger - Tanev

PS, why would they not give McCann the 3C spot and dump Bjugstad or just wait for him to get severely injured lol. McCann is such a Sullivan/Crosby player and is far more versatile and will be cheaper and longer term.

I think they would sign Sheary if the cap didn’t flatten.

McCann is being played at wing as coach likes Bleuger. He is likely going to get 3.5 to 4 mil. I’m a huge fan, but I just don’t know if it is worth to pay him that to play on the 4th line.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Habs only have three UFA: Dale Weise (meh), Christian Folin (nah), Keith Kinkaid (hell no)

but technically, I guess we could also consider Ilya Kovalchuk and Nate Thompson who they might very well bring back

I would bring back Folin as a cheap and reliable no 7. He's been good when he's gotten in, even after long stretches out. He was also for for Laval when he went down.

Weise I could see at the league minimum for depth (13-14th forward) but nothing more.

Kovalchuk sounds like he's coming back. Maybe $4m x 1. Thompson would be fine as the 13th forward.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
TML
Mikheyev 1year show me then resigned mid season due to cap
Dermott Signed to Bridge, then traded
Gauthier-2x875
Spezza 1x700

Reactions: banks

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
For the Blackhawks not much when it's come to unrestricted. But they will say goodbye to Joseph Cramarossa and TJ Brennan. Both fine Ahl veterans but no reason to use contract slots on them.

Ill bring back Corey Crawford. One year deal worth $3.5 to $4 million.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I would bring back Folin as a cheap and reliable no 7. He's been good when he's gotten in, even after long stretches out. He was also for for Laval when he went down.

Weise I could see at the league minimum for depth (13-14th forward) but nothing more.

Kovalchuk sounds like he's coming back. Maybe $4m x 1. Thompson would be fine as the 13th forward.
I would be fine with Folin but he would probably end up in Laval, with Kulak/Mete/Romanov/Juulsen and probably Fleury ahead of him for the last pairing

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
:avs

Bring back: Namestnikov. Has fit like a glove. Versatile enough to play in any of the 12 forward spots.

Goodbye: Matt Nieto. Love him but there just isn’t room.
Colin Wilson. He doesn’t play hockey anymore anyway.
Yeah I wouldn't mind if either Nieto or Wilson were brought back on cheap short-term deals, but they're likely going to move on as we have enough depth even without them.

Barberio is likely gone too. MacDonald should be the 7D to start the season, and then once both Byram and Timmins are settled that bumps Cole down to 7D. I guess it's never a bad thing to have depth on D though so maybe we bring Barberio back or sign another equivalent nacho guy.

Namestnikov would be the one guy who would be disappointing to see walk, he's a great fit for this team.

In terms of contract, as shown below Namestnikov is about a 0.5ppg player over the last 3 seasons, so his best comparables are probably recent RFA's like Compher/Connelly/Kerfoot (all $3.5m/4 years) or an UFA like Donskoi ($3.9m/4 years).
  • 2017/18 (TBL/NYR): 48 points in 81 games
  • 2018/19 (NYR): .........31 points in 78 games
  • 2019/20 (OTT/COL): 31 points in 63 games
As an UFA with a flat cap he'll probably get just under $4m which isn't a problem, but term might be an issue as he might get offers from other teams with more term than we'll be comfortable with. Sakic will want to be careful with going beyond 2023 so that he maintains as much roster flexibility as possible when it's time to resign Mackinnon and Byram. Hopefully Namestnikov will be happy to sign for like $3.75m-$4m x 3 years, and then hit UFA again at 30.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
vancouver_canucks.svg

Toffoli- We need him back, he fit perfect with Miller and EP. 4yrs x 5 Mill
Tanev- Another guy we absolutely need back. 3yrs x 5 Mill
Fantenberg- Let him walk, he can be replaced with one of our young D.
Domingue- He can go too. He was just a stiop gap due to Markstrom's injury
Markstrom- Our MVP. He will be back. I'd start at 4x6, but think it may be another million, and another year.
Leivo- Love to have him back for the right price on a short deal. 2x2? not sure if that gets it done.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Leafs

Yes - Spezza for the league minimum, stay in his current role bouncing around bottom 6
No - Barrie, Ceci, Clifford

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
vancouver_canucks.svg

Toffoli- We need him back, he fit perfect with Miller and EP. 4yrs x 5 Mill
Tanev- Another guy we absolutely need back. 3yrs x 5 Mill
Fantenberg- Let him walk, he can be replaced with one of our young D.
Domingue- He can go too. He was just a stiop gap due to Markstrom's injury
Markstrom- Our MVP. He will be back. I'd start at 4x6, but think it may be another million, and another year.
Leivo- Love to have him back for the right price on a short deal. 2x2? not sure if that gets it done.
Salary cap will be 81.5M. 18M for 8 players
Canucks can't sign Toffoli,Tanev AND Markstrom

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Salary cap will be 81.5M. 18M for 8 players
Canucks can't sign Toffoli,Tanev AND Markstrom

Nobody knows what the cap will be, this is just you guessing and passing off for fact.

If the cap stays flat, or goes down, there will likely be a compliance buyout, which may benefit the Canucks more than any other team in the NHL. I'd also be willing to bet that either Hoglander or Demko are tied to Erikksson to free up cap space to have all 3 back.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Leafs
Spezza hopefully he will take a good deal
Kyle Clifford , we need toughness on our team if he would take league minimum . Solid 4th liner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad