Which of these teams is going to win a playoff series first?

???

• Anaheim

• Arizona

• Buffalo

• Detroit

• Ottawa

• Toronto

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
well that seems to be the point of this thread as the Leafs are actually playing right now unlike the other 5 teams...wonder what the OP was thinking there.

I personally see the Leafs losing tomorrow. Marner or Nylander (Or both) traded. And a rebuild.

Ottawa has recently won a playoff series.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I personally see the Leafs losing tomorrow. Marner or Nylander (Or both) traded. And a rebuild.

The poll was created by the OP today, one team is in game 7 of the first round of this years playoffs the other 5 teams listed weren't really even close to making the playoffs or have legit arguments, other than hey it could happen, for even making the playoffs next year.

It's an obvious dig at the Leafs.

Reactions: Just Linda

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I mean if you had to bet your life on it, you'd be going with Toronto. They have a 50% chance of doing this tomorrow.

And even if they lose, you'd expect they have a better chance of doing it next year than any of those other teams as well.

Honestly even two years from now, the only team I could see being better than Toronto is MAYBE Ottawa

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Let’s be real, they have Matthews for a few more seasons, and Tavares for eternity.

When you have two centres like that, you don’t rebuild. I do see one of Marner or Nylander moved for a different ‘look’ though. This core lacks kill.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site

Come on now, even if they lose it just means there will mostly likely be a significant trade involving one of the big boys to shake things up and they will be right back to teasing their fans in the first round next year. Trading one or even both is not a rebuild.

Last edited:

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
The safest bet is still easily Toronto. I can also see them going on a long run this year if they just get the monkey off their back. Similar to the Caps run in 2018 (finally beating the Pens and going past round 2)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The safest bet is still easily Toronto. I can also see them going on a long run this year if they just get the monkey off their back. Similar to the Caps run in 2018 (finally beating the Pens and going past round 2)

The monkey being a team with the least amount of wins of any playoff team and 8 games under .500 including OTL?

There's a difference between exorcising your demons against a team that won 3 cups, and a team that most years wouldn't be in the playoffs.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Toronto is not rebuilding, give your head a shake with that nonsense... :huh:
Yeah, even if they lose tonight I don’t really see a full scale rebuild happening until three years from
now when Matthews leaves in free agency.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok.

Maybe not.

I still think Ottawa wins a series first.

That would be insanity.

Imagine... all the things that have been said by Leafs fans and how much they probably mocked Ottawa during the last 4 seasons... In the meantime, Ottawa FULLY (like 100% of the lineup) rebuilds and then would still win a playoff round before Toronto? And were in the ECF exactly 4 years ago.

What is more insane than insanity?

King Karl

five-year run of unparalleled suffering
Mar 18, 2014
Halifax, NS
Yeah I'm having a hard time seeing the Sens winning a series before 2023, but I would be very happy to be proven wrong. Gotta be the Leafs unfortunately.

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
It’s Ottawa. There is something scrappy about them and they’ll only have to play the Oilers twice from now on.

Reactions: King Karl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad