Which of these players would you be most nervous drafting top 5?

Which would you be most nervous about top 5?

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Drysdale mostly just because of his size. Don't really see a lot of bust likelihood for any of these guys tho.

This and also Dmen fail more than forwards and are harder to project.

That being said I think Drysdale is going to be a great player.

Maybe Perfetti because of his skating but his offensive processing skills are just so good.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Hard to tell, i think they’re all quality so i chose Drysdale cause defenders are harder to predict at young age and more bust more often.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Drysdale mostly just because of his size. Don't really see a lot of bust likelihood for any of these guys tho.
I think he is the safest player of the group, his hockey IQ, skating and maturity are why, he has no holes. Perfetti has the highest boom bust ratio of the group. However id be happy with any of them at 5. This is a really good draft.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I think he is the safest player of the group, his hockey IQ, skating and maturity are why, he has no holes. Perfetti has the highest boom bust ratio of the group. However id be happy with any of them at 5. This is a really good draft.

I'm not a Drysdale detractor at all. Incredible skater, probably the best in this first round. Perfetti would be a close 2nd in this poll for me.

Just wanted to mention that since the 2000 NHL draft exactly two defenseman under 6'0 have been drafted in the top 10. Coincidentally right beside each other, Quinn Hughes at #7 and Adam Boqvist at #8 in 2018. So in 20 years there's only been two players that fit these parameters that scouts felt safe drafting that high.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not a Drysdale detractor at all. Incredible skater, probably the best in this first round. Perfetti would be a close 2nd in this poll for me.

Just wanted to mention that since the 2000 NHL draft exactly two defenseman under 6'0 have been drafted in the top 10. Coincidentally right beside each other, Quinn Hughes at #7 and Adam Boqvist at #8 in 2018. So in 20 years there's only been two players that fit these parameters that scouts felt safe drafting that high.
Meanwhile in the last 20 years how often has a 17 year old played a prominent role on a team Canada WJC championship team? Ellis was the last one but he just played on the PP. Drysdale was used in all situations. It was his play in that tournament specifically the ability to play his wrong side at 17 is why I believe he is so safe.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad