Which of these players is most likely to be traded before the season starts?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Kopecky

Upshall
Flash

< a gap that's the size of the humongous big universe >

Bergy

CoolburnIsGone

There should've been an option for nobody likely gets traded before the season starts.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Voted Flash, hoping Kopecky but market might be bare for him.

1. Flash
2. Kopecky
3. Upshall (organization might want to keep him, but value at its highest currently)
4. Bergie (needs to stick around for multiple reasons: play 1st or 4th line/Barkov mentor/PK guy/rare pure scorer on this roster/good contract etc)

CoolburnIsGone

The poll is based on the assumption that someone gets traded, therefore no "nobody" option.
With how Tallon likes "depth" (injuries often happen right before the season starts) and what seems to be an open competition going into camp, I highly doubt anyone gets traded before the season starts. Maybe a couple weeks after the start of the season, someone could get traded. With a 23-man limit, there's room for 14 forwards, 7 d-men and 2 goalies...which is essentially what we have now (once Hayes is signed, one young d-man is demoted (most likely Petrovic), and 1 goalie is demoted (most likely Ellis)).

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
With how Tallon likes "depth" (injuries often happen right before the season starts) and what seems to be an open competition going into camp, I highly doubt anyone gets traded before the season starts. Maybe a couple weeks after the start of the season, someone could get traded. With a 23-man limit, there's room for 14 forwards, 7 d-men and 2 goalies...which is essentially what we have now (once Hayes is signed, one young d-man is demoted (most likely Petrovic), and 1 goalie is demoted (most likely Ellis)).
I agree with you, however this poll goes by the assumption that someone does end up getting traded.

CoolburnIsGone

I agree with you, however this poll goes by the assumption that someone does end up getting traded.
Actually I missed one player which does make it a little harder, Ekblad. So technically 2 young d-men will have to be demoted (Olsen or Robak). So I still think the assumption of the poll (at this point in time) is a little off base. Now if Tallon ends up trading one of Robak or Petrovic for a forward as rumored, THEN I think we can start discussing who gets traded (baring a multi-asset trade, including a forward as well from our side).

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Actually I missed one player which does make it a little harder, Ekblad. So technically 2 young d-men will have to be demoted (Olsen or Robak). So I still think the assumption of the poll (at this point in time) is a little off base. Now if Tallon ends up trading one of Robak or Petrovic for a forward as rumored, THEN I think we can start discussing who gets traded (baring a multi-asset trade, including a forward as well from our side).
HF has had it's fair share of unrealistic/goofy/crazy threads during the offseasons, this isn't even that bad based on that standard. :nod:

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Harvey Fialkov @hfialkov · 3h

Tallon still talking trade of young defensemen for veteran d-man or scorer. Sounds like Robak and Petro are on the block. #FlaPanthers

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Should be an option for none, I think we're looking at the 2015 Panthers right now. Kopecky has no value, Upshall is probably worth little since he's been hurt so much, and I don't want to sell low on Flash. Oh and I want them to resign Bergy.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Should be an option for none, I think we're looking at the 2015 Panthers right now. Kopecky has no value, Upshall is probably worth little since he's been hurt so much, and I don't want to sell low on Flash. Oh and I want them to resign Bergy.

The poll is based on the assumption that someone gets traded, therefore no "nobody" option.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i think they'd like to trade kopecky the most, but considering the concussion i don't know if anyone will be taking him, unless he's completely healthy. so i voted upshall. coming off a decent season so his value is alright, and flash is a more skilled/scoring forward, and since its only 1 more year I'm sure we'll keep flash for that reason. unless they can trade flash straight up for another impact winger (like brouwer or something).

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
One can make a case for any of them being retained.

Bergenheim holds the most value.

Upshall is on a contract year.

Fleischmann is on a contract year and is the most talented player of the four.

Kopecky is DTs boy.

I honestly just came up with reasons as to why they all could get moved EXCEPT for Kopecky. Nobody would want him. He's not terrible but he's not worth a whole lot.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
No ****ing way Bergenheim shouldn't be extended. He literally fits ANYWHERE. Most versatile non superstar type I've ever heard of. By a mile.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Upshall probably.

Nobody in their right mind will trade for Kopecky.

Flash's stock is low so we wouldn't get much, but he bounces back it will add a lot to our offense.

Bergy is Bergy, we probably want to keep him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad