Which of these people is most responsible for Tampa's historic collapse?

Most responsible for Tampa's historic collapse?

• Total voters

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
But if you had to chose one... who would it be?
I'm not choosing one, because it's a ridiculous premise.

Edit: The player always most responsible for his teams results though is always the goaltender though. So, by that logic, its Vasilvesky.

Reactions: Elvs

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
If you watched the games, Vasi couldn't make timely saves, defense couldn't make simple breakout passes, and the forwards had absolutely no sustained forecheck. Cooper was lifeless in the pres conferences and didn't look like he was rallying the troops besides when they were successful in an offside non-goal challenge.

Collective effort all round. Awful.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
If any one of those people was snapped out of existence right before the playoffs, I would still expect Tampa to win in 5, so it's hard to blame any one person

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They are all responsible for it but if I have to choose one it's Vasilesky. You can't have a goalie with an 856 save% and expect to win at some point you need a save they didn't get it.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Cooper got out coached yet again. Seems to happen more frequently than people like to admit. He's a good coach but you need better than him to win a cup.

Reactions: J T Money

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
For me it's tough to blame Vasi. Tampa got completely dominated for such long stretches that I'm sure any goalie would have succumbed to that. It's tough to make saves when the opposition is coming down on a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 regularly. Gotta be Cooper here for his inability to adapt. Why wasn't Callahan in this series from the start? Easily their best PKer in game 4 and maybe a few less PP goals against and this is a different series.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you're only looking for internal options, it's Cooper and then Stamkos. The leaders couldn't get the team in the right place mentally, which is ultimately the biggest failure of the Lightning this postseason. Every individual player is at fault, but especially the leaders.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
They really aren't as good without Hedman. Stralman was out as well?
"Not supposed to use injuries as an excuse" is maybe the dumbest thing I've heard in sport. Truly,gotta give it up to the Jackets for exploiting that!

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
The correct answer is everyone involved on both Columbus and Tampa. Columbus brought their game all the way up and Tampa choked.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Careerwise speaking has Vasilevskiy truly given the chance to prove himself in the playoffs?
I think it's too early to tell.
This year well the numbers speak for them self. I wouldn't change much just forge forward with the plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad