Which of these guys will win a World Title in WWE?

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
Wouldnt be surprised if wyatt wins sometime this year
Big E if booked right, needs to turn herl on new day could become champ someday
Jericho could if they have him beat owens
Strowman if they want a brock/braun title match
Corbin i personally dont like still think hes not that great
Joe and nakumara should
Ziggler could
Miz could esp since of his recent resurgance
Rusev possibly but not likely

Any of these guys have a shot but depends on a lot of factors

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's a hard vote to make. I can easily see all those guys winning the title in the right situation, it's just a case of those right situations actually coming up.

Take Jericho, he shouldn't be given a run at the top at this stage in his career, but you can easily find a story reason to give him a short run as part of the Kevin-Owens'-Best-Friend gimmick.

Same with Ziggler, but if they need a transitional champion then he could be fine if they need a face to do it.

Rusev and Big E could easily be champions, but it'll just come down to if they ever want to push them as such. Same with Zayn really, he's an underdog that they can push into champion if they want to tell that story. Timing always plays a big part in it, so it will always a maybe, maybe not kind of deal. All three are easily capable of it, and all these are obviously highly regarded by the company.

Strowman is a special case. He's a giant, and giants don't need titles to be a giant. Depending on the programs you do, and when you do them, he could easily be world champion. But he could just as easily not be and it never be an issue.

Corbin is obviously on his way to the top, but he could stumble and fall off the path. He's not a good wrestler, and not a good promo, so there is a lot of room for this stumbling to happen (even if he is a Vince guy). But their certainly going to try with him so he probably will.

Joe, Nakamura, and Bray should all win as they are top guys. But time is a lot shorter on Joe and Nakamura than it is on Bray. It might just not happen.

So I vote everyone, I guess. But that means nothing. There are loads of guys who I think could be good champions, it's just a case of everything aligning timing wise and for the WWE to pick them over someone else.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't think Jericho is ever getting another run. Big E would be nice but I doubt it. I think they're gonna pull the plug on Braun before he gets a title like the monsters before him.

I said Bray, Miz, Corbin, Joe, Miz, and Nakamura. I think Miz is a 50/50, I'd like it though.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Voted for everyone except Y2J, Zayn and Wyatt.

Y2J due to age/part time/him usually jobbing, Zayn seems forever stuck in the midcard and I lost all hope for Wyatt.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't understand that argument for Zayn. He's not a guy who should be in the main event without a long push that way as the underdog. That can't happen fast, not even in his first year. And especially not when you're establishing other guys as champions.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Braun, Corbin, Big E, and Nakamura. Joe has a shot. The rest are wishful thinking. The main event scene hasn't been this dense in a while.

It's going to be very hard to come through as a new baby face champion with Roman and Balor pretty much cemented as the next faces of the company and Cena still lurking. If you want to get through as a pure working wrestler, you have to be a better wrestler than Styles, Rollins, and Cesaro. Owens, Ambrose, Ziggler, Miz, and their friends are probably going to be upper mid carders with occasional title programs, you'll have to overcome them. Then there's the veterans and part timers - Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, and the rest.

Big E, I think with New Day getting over the way it has, he now has world title potential. Before he was just a big guy that could move, but didn't really have a personality (not on TV anyway). Now we know he's a funny guy, and him being a remarkably good wrestler has kind of taken a back seat (for all intents and purposes has been in the business for only 5 years). He does a lot of cool power moves and will have immediate credibility from his New Day run as soon as he goes singles.

I remember watching the Y2AJ/New Day match from last year and remember thinking Big E looked like a million bucks in that match. I knew that guy was going to be a world champion. He's got the look, he's got the charisma, he's got the wrestling ability. The guy can do it all.

Braun and Corbin are being groomed for it. Again, big guys that can work. Braun is the faceless monster, Corbin is the typical arrogant heel. These guys are both very good at their roles. I expect both to be world champions within the next 12 months.

Shin, this guy has an outrageous amount of charisma, and is a sensational wrestler as well. It would be a crime to never give him a run with the title.

Wyatt, I have no faith they'll figure out how to use him ever. Miz quite frankly has earned a title with his stellar heel work, but I don't see it happening. Zayn, they could tell a GREAT story with him but I don't think his charisma is high enough to have the people rally behind him like Daniel Bryan. Rusev, again, has probably earned a title run but I can't see them raising him from his current position that much. He got clowned by Roman and Cena, and is a great example of how hard it is for someone to get into the main event scene these days.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unlikely that's ever going to happen, Miz isn't even headlining B-PPV's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad