Which of these drafted juniors will make the biggest impact in the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
I recently saw the OHL All Stars take on the visiting Russian selects, and was very impressed with some of the junior players. There is all kinds of hype around certain guys, but when you get to see them live it makes all the difference. I was very impressed with Anthony Stewart. He is HUGE, and yet he skates like the wind, makes plays, and plays physical. I want opinions on which of these young guys will make the biggest splash in the NHL?

Anthony Stewart
Jeff Carter
Patrick O'Sullivan
Eric Fehr

Comment on each, and keep in mind the team that drafted them, and the way they could fit into that teams plans.

Specifically, I want to know who is better now and future Stewart VS. O'Sullivan?

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I like all 4 of them, my favorite being Jeff Carter.

Jeff Carter - Has tons of offensive potential, if I can compare him to a NHL player I would compare him to Mats Sundin, skating style, and the way they play the game is very similar. He is very gifted offensive player with good size. I can see him being a very good first line center with point per game potential.

Anthony Stewart - Has great size, and is great with the puck also, skating is very good, has a good all around game. He reminds me of Iginla, he is just a tank and will just power his way through or he can beat you with a slick move. NHL potential 30 goal scorer 70-75 points.

Patrick O'sullivan - I wanted the Leafs to take him in the draft, but he was picked one pick before Leafs pick. Has a great offensive game, very good skater, great with the puck plays a offensive game and is very fun to watch. He is a great playmaker but can also scorer. He reminds me of Chris Drury. NHL potential 20+ goals 60+ points.

Eric Fehr - great offensive player, good size with good hands, has a good shot is more of a scorer than a playmaker. He has size but doesn't play like a power forward, but if he can develop that part to his game he will be a great player for years. He reminds me of Dave Andreychuk. NHL potential playing with Ovechkin 30+ goal scorer 60+ points.

As for Stewart vs. O'sullivan right now I'd take Stewart and in the future I would take Stewart aswell. :D

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
IMO...

1. Carter
2. Stewart
3. Fehr
4. O'Sullivan- He is so ungodly overrated by the folks here at HF. Good prospect, but he'd be less ballyhooed if he had gone where he should have been taken.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
IMO...

1. Carter
2. Stewart
3. Fehr
4. O'Sullivan- He is so ungodly overrated by the folks here at HF. Good prospect, but he'd be less ballyhooed if he had gone where he should have been taken.
So you don't think he will fit in well in Minnesota? I was asking how these players will fair in the NHL when considering the team that drafted them. PP time with Gaborik, that sort of stuff. Stewart has some great skills, but when you see him on Florida, it is difficult to tell how he will do, because they are so young and inexperienced.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think that if O'Sullivan was picked by any team OTHER than Minnesota, he would have been borderlined overrated to overhyped. He is playing on a minimal talented Ice Dogs Team and basically has to carry the team himself. IF it wasn't for Shantz and O'Sullivan, I think the Ice Dogs would be the laughstock of the OHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad