Which of these Centreman is the best based on pure talent?

Which Centreman is the most talented?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
This could mean so many things. I tried to think of it as all of these guys in their prime years (either were or will be, but that's obviously hard to project for Aho and Point). Point could either end up a 30-40 guy or could be more consistently a 40-50 guy. Who knows. Great advanced stats through and through, but seeing him play tells you all you need to know.

Backstrom was hard to beat in my mind. Sure, he's had Ovi as a running mate for many years, but that does him an incredible disservice. Consistently great numbers in terms of advanced stats, defensively responsible, and he could put up points. The only knock against him is his skating, which I would guess is average, but his skillset and ridiculous vision and IQ make up for that in terms of placing him in that elite tier.

Schiefele, Aho, Pavelski, ROR...all great centers, and I'd put Couturier just slightly below them. Some had better offense, some played more defense.

Horvat and Johnson are in that last tier (at least as far as this goes)--not exactly game-breaking centers, but no doubt skilled.

Backstrom

Point

Schiefele, Aho, Pavelski, ROR
Couturier

Horvat, Johansen

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad