Which of these centers would you like Jarmo to pursue ?

Who to get ?

• Elias Lindholm via sign and trade

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Ivan Barbashev via UFA

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Evgeny Kuznetsov via trade

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Casey Mittelstadt via trade

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Kevin Hayes via trade

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Another player

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Jarmo should not get any more centers

Votes: 10 10.3%

• Total voters

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Stay put, see how the off-season progresses, how prospect/training camp goes. See how the season starts, if by the start of the season or the holidays nobody is really taking control than go out and make a move.

I'd be okay with a cheap vet but none of the listed guys do it for me.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I’ve seen quite a bit of Kuznetsov in DC. He’s certainly had his problems and been up and down; but, when on, he’s a dynamic force. Perhaps a trade to CBus would serve to energize and focus him.

Reactions: puckgoalnet

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020
Lindholm is my choice and there isn't a 2nd choice on the list for me. I don't value prospects the way others do, so I'd probably give up more than most. I'd try to keep Johnson, Marchenko, #3, and Jiricek. Everything else would be on the table. TypicalIy a deal like this would center around the classic player, pick, and prospect, but I suspect Calgary is going to want young roster players and a high pick more than prospects. So the deal I've thrown out would be Sillinger, whichever one of Bean, Boqvist, or Peeke they want and a 2024 1st round pick. I'm not sure that offer gets it done, but it gets the conversation started.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I voted Lindholm sign and trade

But no package can include:

2023 or 2024 first round pick, Kent Johnson, Kirill Marchenko, or David Jiricek.

So I’m not sure it’s possible.

If you’re looking at a short term stop gap option then I am cool with RoR. If you’re looking for a bit of an interesting pick, Middlestadt is fine with me too.

No to Kuznetsov, hayes, or Barbashev (because of UFA cost).

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I voted Lindholm sign and trade

But no package can include:

2023 or 2024 first round pick, Kent Johnson, Kirill Marchenko, or David Jiricek.

So I’m not sure it’s possible.

If you’re looking at a short term stop gap option then I am cool with RoR. If you’re looking for a bit of an interesting pick, Middlestadt is fine with me too.

No to Kuznetsov, hayes, or Barbashev (because of UFA cost).
I think Sillinger and 2024 1st (protected) might interest Calgary as the base of the deal

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I don’t remember where I heard it this morning but Calgary is shopping Hanifin in attempts to get money to try snd sign Lindholm.

I think we should pursue Lindholm or nobody. The rest all have major drawbacks to their games.

Hayes - slow and defensive liability
ROR - had lost a few steps and can’t imagine on a 2-3 year deal.
Kuzy - motivation and other issues

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The only plausible option I see in there is Lindholm, and even that is going to be highly dependent on term and trade asset cost.

My objective w/r/t getting another center would be basically Extra Shielding For The Kids, not a long-term fix - because I don't believe anyone currently on the market is capable of providing the latter.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Out of the players listed Barbashev, or Kuznetsov, followed by Lindholm. I’d prefer someone like Pinto to all of them.

The problem with Lindholm is that we are going to overpay twice, once with assets, once with contract money. Unless we want to pay for 1 year, which I might prefer.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Barbashev. He is a a though player with good hockey vision and skill. Also has experiences from PO, won two SC. But what I red Jack Eichel would want so that he will stay in Vegas.

If not him I vote for any more centers.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
I don’t think it will get too crowded at C to the point that we aren’t utilizing Johnson, Sillinger, Voronkov, or Jenner. All of them can play annywhere and I’d rather have a sure #1C. Swing big with this, if not via trade at the draft or through free agency, then whenever the opportunity is right. I think both of this team’s top 6 Cs (from when this team is great) have not joined the organization yet.

(For the sake of the poll, Lindholm, but go after the best overall available.)

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Barbashev. He is a a though player with good hockey vision and skill. Also has experiences from PO, won two SC. But what I red Jack Eichel would want so that he will stay in Vegas.

If not him I vote for any more centers.
barbashev isn't really a center imo. played there occasionally with STL but his game is significantly better when he's playing on the wing, similar to how jt miller is far more effective when he's not in the middle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad