Which of these 3 players would you build your team around?

Mackinnon, Matthews or Mcdavid? Who would you build your team around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
You have been given the option to choose one of Mackinnon, Matthews or Mcdavid to build a team around.

You have to take into account everything as it is today. Salaries, age, term of current contract etc.

I know there are other players some may want to take but these are your only choices. They're close in age and are extremely dynamic.

Who do you pick and why?

Habano

May 18, 2012
I'll probably get slammed for my vote but I chose Mackinnon. I've always been a huge fan of his. He is very solid on his feet and a very powerful skater. He also only costs roughly half of what Matthews and McDavid make.

C'mon Avalanche fans, I need you in here lol.

Leaf Nation, let's go, make a race out of this poll.

Last edited:

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Switch McDavid to Draisaitl and this would be an interesting poll. Every GM in the world would take McDavid in this scenario and he should win by a landslide here too.

Fisticuffer

Mar 14, 2020
People are naturally going to vote for the best player. The fact he’s being paid like the best player won’t bother anyone.
Ages are too close to be a factor.

Reactions: bukwas

Habano

May 18, 2012
Landslide, shutting er down

Last edited:

Habano

May 18, 2012
Switch McDavid to Draisaitl and this would be an interesting poll. Every GM in the world would take McDavid in this scenario and he should win by a landslide here too.
You're absolutely right, didn't think of that.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I'll probably get slammed for my vote but I chose Mackinnon. I've always been a huge fan of his. He is very solid on his feet and a very powerful skater. He also only costs roughly half of what Matthews and McDavid make.

C'mon Avalanche fans, I need you in here lol.

Leaf Nation, let's go, make a race out of this poll.
I'm an Avalanche fan and a massive Mackinnon fan. This poll should not exist. Mcdavid wins.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Only argument for MacKinnon is his contract, if you're going for it these next 3 years MacKinnon is making half of what the other two makes.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

I don't think any GM takes Draisaitl over MacKinnon and Matthews to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad