Which of these 3 players do you think will be traded these offseason?

Which of these players do you think will get traded this offseason?

• Total voters

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
All 3 of these players are rumored to be on the block for various reasons, mainly because it may be unlikely that they will re-sign with their current teams. All 3 of these players being traded would certainly change the landscape of the league, but how likely is it really that all 3 players will be moved? Who do you think ends up getting traded?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
There have been no rumors to this, but the Astros are going to have to make some tough decisions. With his skeptical health, I would not be shocked if Correa is traded. Springer will be a free agent after next offseason, Correa after 2021.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't think any get traded in the offseason, I can see one or more moved next year nearer to the trade deadline if any of the teams are under performing

I think if Boston trades Betts it only makes sense to do it before the season to maximize return. Plus if they are in the playoff picture you can’t trade him as the optics would be terrible and it makes no sense. You commit to keeping him for the year or you get the best offer you can in the winter

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
None of them.

If Lindor was only a year away instead of 2, then he would be traded. It's basically a foregone conclusion he'll be on a different team than Cleveland in 2022. He said he's testing Free Agency and Cleveland doesn't give out big contracts.

Betts said he's also testing free agency but the Red Sox will pay him if he chooses them. Plus there's a lot more pressure to contend and not trade franchise player in Boston vs Clevleand

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
None of them.

If Lindor was only a year away instead of 2, then he would be traded. It's basically a foregone conclusion he'll be on a different team than Cleveland in 2022. He said he's testing Free Agency and Cleveland doesn't give out big contracts.

Betts said he's also testing free agency but the Red Sox will pay him if he chooses them. Plus there's a lot more pressure to contend and not trade franchise player in Boston vs Clevleand

Thing is, if he doesn't want to stay in Boston then it wont matter how much money they are willing to give.

Plus Henry wants to stay below the tax, won't be able to do that if he's also paying Sale & Price big bucks on top of 30-40 million per year for Betts. The three of them alone would cost nearly 100 million, throw in Martinez's salary (I dont think he'll opt out) and you over 100 with an entire roster to fill/pay.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Bump. Offseason is almost over, and only Betts has been traded so far (as most predicted). Don't see a trade for the other two coming to fruition this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad