• Rangers

Votes: 20 10.4%
  • Maple Leafs

Votes: 178 92.2%

• Total voters

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Bruins and Leafs will definitely make it undecided on Montreal (didn't vote for them) and the other 3 won't make it

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins and Leafs will almost assuredly make it. Canadiens and Blackhawks have a chance but I'd consider them unlikely. Rangers are a pretty big question mark in terms of what they'll be but more unlikely than Habs/Hawks. Wings essentially have no chance.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
People need to remembe surprises always happen, while Tampa Toronto and Boston obviously look like locks it’s actually foolish to say they “definitely”are. Toronto could of missed the playoffs last year by a few points and Boston missed the playoffs in an off year just a few years ago did they not, even Tampa bay one year removed off going to the finals missed the playoffs a couple years, ago, these things happen. And IMO while Predict like most of you that all three make it and should be consensus “locks”, you still have to be open minded to the possibility of one of them potentially falling out. Anything can happen, if the goalies turn sour, injuries, the coach having a rift, I’m not sure the leafs got better in the off season we will have to see I guess. I know while I say “LOCK” it sounds like a contradiction because lock means for sure. So I’ll just rephrase it to “yes, for sure if things go as expected without a major I juries\slumps, but if it hits the fan or a surprise team like Montreal or Florida or dare I say buffalo turns on the engine who knows. (Buffalo is a pipe dream Still but hey) Maybe even the metro takes up five seeeds and that’s how one fall out not in the top three.

While I think Detroit rangers and Chicago are doing a lot of things right and should be good soon, I don’t think it’s this soon.

So I’ll go with like a lot of you

Boston
Toronto

Montreal competes for wildcard and probably loses out to Florida.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Boston is the only sure thing. Leafs pretty much too, weak division after the top two so cant really see them not making it. Chicago has a good shot at it too but i think they will be a lil short, tho Winnipegs d catastrophe may give them a even better chance. Rangers getting closer with their fantastic rebuild but i feel will need a miracle season from all the possibilities in order to make it. Could be, but probably not. No chance for Detroit and Montreal

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Toronto and Boston

This is how I see it as well and while the Black Hawks have the next best team of the 4 left they also are in the hardest division so for me they are 50/50 to make the playoffs, although I think they find a way as they have improved their goaltending and defense and have a well constructed team.

Montrel could also make it but they need more to go right than the Black Hawks.

Detroit and the NYR definetly won't make the playoffs as both teams have major holes for the 19-20 season.

Is there a worse center group in the NHL than what the NYR have for this season?

Dido the Red Wings defensman.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
Am I the only one who was thrown off by the O6???

I thought he was asking about teams from 2006, cause the OP uses O6 and 6 in the same sentence

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Ideally none of them, but realistically probably Toronto and Boston. Won't matter, though, Tampa will win the East.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Boston and Toronto have the best chances. I don't want to say they are locks as you never know, but...

I actually think the Rangers are going to have a big year. They may miss but they'll be close, IMO.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Leafs and Bruins for sure.

I think two of Montreal/Chicago/NYR make it. Going with the first two.

Wings have no chance.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This is how I see it as well and while the Black Hawks have the next best team of the 4 left they also are in the hardest division so for me they are 50/50 to make the playoffs, although I think they find a way as they have improved their goaltending and defense and have a well constructed team.

Montrel could also make it but they need more to go right than the Black Hawks.

Detroit and the NYR definetly won't make the playoffs as both teams have major holes for the 19-20 season.

Is there a worse center group in the NHL than what the NYR have for this season?

Dido the Red Wings defensman.

In the Atlantic, Montreal is pretty much doomed, at least, on paper.
They are behind Tampa Bay (Duh!), Toronto and Boston, and maybe even behind the Panthers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad