Which NHL forwards who played in the CHL as a forward never had point-per-game campaigns in the CHL?

GiuDiSta50

Sep 9, 2016
Montreal, QC, CAN
I’ve heard of NHLers never ending an AHL stint as PPG forwards and there are some who dominate in the CHL, but never make the show. And I know it’s pretty tough to get drafted when you’re not a PPG forward in the CHL.

But what about the forwards who never got more points than games they played and still managed to make the show?

GiuDiSta50

Sep 9, 2016
Montreal, QC, CAN
There are lots. Milan Lucic off the top of my head.

And more recently, Josh Anderson.
Holy s***, it’s true! Lucic ended up a star without absolutely dominating in the CHL!

Edit: You’re actually wrong about Josh Anderson. He was PPG in the playoffs

Last edited:

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Nate Thompson. 34 years old
Still in the NHL. Scored in the 30s (points) per season in his CHL career.

Reactions: GiuDiSta50

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Oh, yeah, I know about that. But that was just a failed North American stint. They only signed him because of his play in Europe.

And 0.7 is pretty close if you ask me

Well I guess it depends on the definition of closeness, but his seasons were 40 points (13+27) in 58 games and 31 points (9+22) in 43 games so not getting drafted was a logical conclusion. Later on in the DEL in Germany he did get genuinely close with 41 points in 42 games, and that together with the Olympic performance then brought him to Chicago.

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Just looking at my Canucks...

Brandon Sutter's best season in the WHL was 49 points in 59 games.

Antione Roussel's best season in the Q was 47 points in 68 games, although he did finish that season with 9 points in 7 playoff games. If you were to merge his playoffs with his regular season, that's still only 56 points in 75 games.

Newt91

Feb 8, 2019
Dustin Byfuglien was once a forward. Although he was almost PPG in the WHL.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Just to put it out there - Rickard Rakell was just slightly over PPG in his last 2 years in the OHL. He doesn`t count in this thread I know, but he was not that dominant there either

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Got some Belleville Bulls alumni:

Such a mild example, but Adam Payerl is one.

Nick Palmieri is another (his overage year in the playoffs was his only exception, at exactly 1.00 PPG) but I guess technically doesn't count if you're including the small sample size that are playoffs.

EDIT: Jared Boll is another.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad