Which New Bolt Has The Most Pressure On Him In 2023/2024?

Which New Bolts (Last 2 Years) Have The Most Pressure On Them Next Season? Explain why in comments.

• Michael Eyssimont

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darren Raddysh

• Haydn Fleury

• Philippe Myers

• Rūdolfs Balcers

• Cole Koepke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
In this way too early to tell thread, please select which three relatively new Lightning players you feel have the most pressure on them to make an impact/elevate their play next season.

I included the possibility of replacing Elliott as an option because I feel it's a real possibility, especially considering Vasilevskiy's recent comments about body management/mindset.

I included Ian Cole or his replacement as that's a question mark going into next year.

You may select three players. Please explain your choices in the comments below. Poll will close in October before 2023/2024 season begins.

Go Bolts!

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Jeannot and its not even close. Heres to hoping he gets the Hagel-esque bounce back next year and can do anything close to his rookie year
Agreed. I haven't lost all hope or anything. If he finds a way to fit in, we could end up as good as we were this year. If a few other things go right, we could end up a little better.

The concerning thing about Jeannot is the speed. Our guys make him look slow. Maybe Alex Killorn could take his remaining time with the organization and show how how to get slowly but continuously faster up until at least age 33.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah this is not even a question. The only other pressure spot is Cole/whoever replaces him, really. But since it shouldn't cost a ton and is a 3rd pair it's not that bad. Paul needs to bounce back too, but also think Cooper needs to figure out what to do with him.
Paul is making 3.5 though, so I mean, even if he slumped, he's still meeting the expectations of a 3.5m player. And he looked good in the playoffs.

The Jeannot, it's really about the price tag. We bet about a year's worth of assets on one guy, and so far it looks like we threw those assets away.

We dont need him to be prime Lucic or anything either. Just a good, physical player who can add some offense, probably around Paul's level.

Honestly I think the most pressure is on Vasy. The Leafs do not look AT ALL like a contender to me, and we lost that series because Vasy had three terrible games. Like, beyond terrible. I dont know if we have a team that could have gone deep again, but we were head and shoulders above the Leafs everywhere but in goal. And their goaltending was roughly average, so that's saying something.

Vasy doesn't have to be the best goalie in the world anymore. But he does have to be one of our best players. That's just the reality of the cap world. He got the franchise ceiling contract.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Paul is making 3.5 though, so I mean, even if he slumped, he's still meeting the expectations of a 3.5m player. And he looked good in the playoffs.

The Jeannot, it's really about the price tag. We bet about a year's worth of assets on one guy, and so far it looks like we threw those assets away.

We dont need him to be prime Lucic or anything either. Just a good, physical player who can add some offense, probably around Paul's level.

Honestly I think the most pressure is on Vasy. The Leafs do not look AT ALL like a contender to me, and we lost that series because Vasy had three terrible games. Like, beyond terrible. I dont know if we have a team that could have gone deep again, but we were head and shoulders above the Leafs everywhere but in goal. And their goaltending was roughly average, so that's saying something.

Vasy doesn't have to be the best goalie in the world anymore. But he does have to be one of our best players. That's just the reality of the cap world. He got the franchise ceiling contract.
Yeah I know it says new pick ups but vasi should have massive pressure on him to get back into form. He’s been average for awhile now.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I picked Perbix, even though I've spent the last 3 years pumping this kid's tires around here.

*No Jinx* The reason I picked him is the almost inevitable Sophomore-Slump and he's most certainly going to be paired with Hedman as our #1RHD. He's not gonna be stealth-mode on everyone's radar anymore. He's got the poise and mental makeup to shake off a potential slump, but still. He's got the most pressure in my book.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I picked...
1) Jeannot because it's obvious that we paid an important price for him. So, we have to hope he'll show something good out there.
2) Perbix. The second year at the highest levels could be tricky. He has to start from what we saw last year and work to improve.
3) Nick Paul. I do not think his season was amazing, especially after being placed in the third line. We need the Big D Nick for a long time.

Reactions: RDTBay4

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
That guy who fights.
jeannotKOsmaller.gif

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
1. Jeannot. Duh.
2. Paul. If he becomes redundant and doesn't match this year's streaky production, he may be offloaded a couple years down the line. Not pressured for a job but to see how he truly fits here.
3. Hagel. Contract year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
1. Jeannot. Duh.
2. Paul. If he becomes redundant and doesn't match this year's streaky production, he may be offloaded a couple years down the line. Not pressured for a job but to see how he truly fits here.
3. Hagel. Contract year.
I dont think Paul's production is out of line with his salary. He's just not quite the steal we were hoping for.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I dont think Paul's production is out of line with his salary. He's just not quite the steal we were hoping for.
It's not. I just don't think it's where he/we want it to be. Going half the season without a goal and shuffled around. I'd rather see Cooper figure out if he's going to be a 3C or play 2C and develop chemistry with Stamkos and someone else.

Overall, he's still worth the contract.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's not. I just don't think it's where he/we want it to be. Going half the season without a goal and shuffled around. I'd rather see Cooper figure out if he's going to be a 3C or play 2C and develop chemistry with Stamkos and someone else.

Overall, he's still worth the contract.
I feel like him and Colton will be fighting for Killorn's spot. I mean, it definitely felt like Paul was less assertive in the second half, but he brought it back in the playoffs. And in terms of pressure, I just dont think there's that much. He's locked in on a reasonable deal. If he doesnt play like a 5m player, even though we've seen him do it, I dont think the pitch forks will come out.

Jeannot is going to have a hard time making us forget the price tag.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Agreed. I haven't lost all hope or anything. If he finds a way to fit in, we could end up as good as we were this year. If a few other things go right, we could end up a little better.

The concerning thing about Jeannot is the speed. Our guys make him look slow. Maybe Alex Killorn could take his remaining time with the organization and show how how to get slowly but continuously faster up until at least age 33.
I noticed the lack of speed too but wasn’t he suffering from a lower body injury? He didn’t look that slow in Nashville. I think he will come in healthy and look fine. He’s no Bure but he was slower than usual after coming back and that scratch was allegedly due to injury too. We’ll see but I wouldn’t count him out yet.

Reactions: Peacefool

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I noticed the lack of speed too but wasn’t he suffering from a lower body injury? He didn’t look that slow in Nashville. I think he will come in healthy and look fine. He’s no Bure but he was slower than usual after coming back and that scratch was allegedly due to injury too. We’ll see but I wouldn’t count him out yet.
Yup, high ankle sprain.

Reactions: Burkeocet

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Jeannot needs a near league minimum prove yourself deal. We played better with Essymont in the lineup. Jeannot can bjt and fight but isn't worth any more than a million until he proves other wise. Hopefully he comes back stronger and better than ever after Barb and the coaching staff work their magic. We need to find a top 6 defenseman to keep Fleury out of the lineup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
At the time of the trade? He really never looked quick here, or anything close to average.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Not on the poll but I think ABB is feeling some pressure. His window is closing and if he gets a look next season he had better perform or he can kiss the NHL goodbye.

Reactions: RDTBay4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad