Speculation: Which LHD prospects should the Jets target?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Morrissey had pretty close to equal metrics as Theodore in the AHL based off the chart Garret posted. I would just as soon keep Trouba and give Morrissey the opportunity before trading a prime forward prospect for LHD prospect.

If its Connor or Ehlers to Anaheim we've got to be talking Lindholm. And that ain't gonna happen.

How close is Connor - Sanheim?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Definitely not interested in moving Ehlers or Connor for Theodore.

I would rather aim a little lower and just add quality depth than give up an exciting young offensive talent.

Larsson from Anaheim should be cheaper than Theodore. What might it take? Anaheim needs cost controlled forwards. Larsson is not as near ready but still might turn out better.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I'd imagine Philadelphia would be the team to target. They have Ghost, Sanheim, Provorov, Morin, Hagg etc. who are all lefties. I'd go for Ghost, Sanheim or Provorov. Sanheim is likely the one most available as I imagine they value Provorov and Ghost incredibly highly a they should.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Dano and Petan for Sanheim and Hagg

Both teams trade their areas of abundance for areas of need.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
I just noticed that Klas Dahlbeck is a UFA this year. He's 6' 2" 205 LHD drafted by the Hawks traded to Ari. Looks like a promising defensive defenseman.

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
I just noticed that Klas Dahlbeck is a UFA this year. He's 6' 2" 205 LHD drafted by the Hawks traded to Ari. Looks like a promising defensive defenseman.

Very interesting young free agent. I could see the Jets liking the upside of a developing player like this.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg

I'm hoping for him or Wiercioch in free agency. I'd rather we didn't give up our promising forward prospects for a LD prospect.

If they think Morrissey needs another year, grab one of those guys on a decent contract for a bottom pair role in my opinion. In my fantasy world, we grab one of them and Stuart is in the press box a bunch.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm hoping for him or Wiercioch in free agency. I'd rather we didn't give up our promising forward prospects for a LD prospect.

If they think Morrissey needs another year, grab one of those guys on a decent contract for a bottom pair role in my opinion. In my fantasy world, we grab one of them and Stuart is in the press box a bunch.

In my fantasy world Stuart is already #8 on our depth chart if we grab nobody.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
How come no one mentioned Strait so far. He could be a solid pick up :sarcasm:

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
Dano and Petan for Sanheim and Hagg

Both teams trade their areas of abundance for areas of need.

I'd do this all day long but I don't think the Flyers would. I love Armia but to balance off our prospects I'd consider adding him into that package.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Jeremy Lauzon, a Bruins 2nd round pick from 2015, is another I'd like the Jets to try to acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad