Which Leaf are you most excited to see next season?

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I can't make a poll, but it doesn't really matter much.

The answer for me is Morgan Rielly with an honorable mention to Jake Gardiner. Both will be the biggest key to the teams success besides Bernier imo. Hopefully they improve and show glimmers of their high potentials. Some say it could be a make or break year for Gards, and who knows, it just might be.

I picked Rielly because he is my favorite Leafs prospect since I've been a fan. Not sure what that statement reflects more; How good he is or can be, or how bad out prospects have been since I've been a fan. Either way, it doesn't take anything away from Morgan, who I know is already a fan favorite on here.

GLG!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
In order

Bernier: it is going to be very interesting how he plays this season. he was very candid last season (as he should be) and he got a massive, massive pass due to several factors. it is very obvious now that he's the number one, (no 1a, 1b) and regardless of the defensive woes, he's going to be looked a lot more... shrewdly I think. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to being 'not liked' if he has a bad stretch of games.

Rielly: he could have a sophomore slump, or he can keep trucking, again - he's in the same boat as Bernier. even though people are going to go "yes he's in his 2nd year," there are going to be those who will tear him/rise up up a lot.

Clarkson. I'm just curious how he responds to his brutal year. I mean

Tumblr_mr64t6LqXY1qjf8nao3_r1_250.gif

sums up how we feel about him as a collective. so.. him responding to that for a 2nd year will be interesting to me.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Nylander seems unlikely, so It will both Rielly and Gardiner.

I'm also looking forward to see Leo do his thing, and what can Santorelli do.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Top 5 for me

1- Rielly- wondering if he will have a second year jinx or continue to progress...so much of our blueline future depends on how this young man develops.
2. Bernier- sensational last season, hoping for more of the same but with a better defensive team infront of him.
3. JVR- Breakout season last year but I think he has the ability to be even better this year.
4. Kessel- No one on this team can bring me out of my seat faster than Kessel. If we are to have any success next season we will need Phil firing on all cylinders.
5. Nylander- doubt he will be in the NHL next season but I am looking forward to seeing how he develops. This is the kind of prospect that the Leafs rarely draft...huge amount of potential but how well he develop it?

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Lupul - Does he rebound? Does he continue to play at a declined level? Do we trade him?

Polak - Interested to see how he does. Not sure if a less talented group of defensemen will let his level of play get elevated.

Santorelli - He was great before his injury last year. After the injury he wasn't that good. I want to know which one we got.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Mike Santorelli.

The amount of good things Vancouver Canucks fans had to say about him was astounding. Best forward for the beginning of the year behind Daniel Sedin, hardest worker etc.

Strong believer in Shannahan's and Nonis' comments that our collapse was largely due to the load being too heavy on the top 6 to compete and score almost all the goals. With Mcclement's stone hands out, Santa will fit nicely in the 3 hole and be able to shift up to the top 6 - hopefully.

draeko17

Jul 7, 2007
First and foremost, Phil Kessel. He's just a treat to watch. Then I'm just looking forward to watch the rest of the team as well, yes, David Clarkson as well as I don't dislike him. Not a part of the collective, I suppose. Nor do I dislike Franson so if he's with the team when the puck drops for the first game I'll be cheering for him and hoping he is a part of the success of the team as well, like he has been at times in the past. Hopefully some new systems in place, the changes in personnel so that we have people more appropriately lined up, I'll be looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out. I'm loving summer but there's still that part of me that can't wait for the puck to drop on next season. :)

James Reimer

I Stop Pucks
Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Santorelli after all the good comments I've read from Nucks fans..

Interested to see how Polak and Robidas play out. Going to continue to enjoy watching Rielly and Gards develop as well..

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
komarov love how he plays wanna see how he does in a full season.
Rielly to see his next step in becoming our best d-man

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
komarov love how he plays wanna see how he does in a full season.

Very excited to see Komarov with his Finnish pal in a new role with the Leafs. Less agitating, more trying to play a solid 200 foot game - including putting the puck in the net.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I want to see if Gardiner and Reilly can take the next step.

I want to see Nylander in an actual game. Pre-season, Prospect tourney, or reg season.

I want to see if Clarkson can rebound and have a good year, or at least start strong.

I also look forward to seeing what the new leafs bring to the table. Kontiola, Robidas, and Polak.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
For me it's always been about the quality of the team game. I can't say I'm excited due to Carlyle is still the head coach but it's interesting to see with all the offseason talk about more quality ice time to our 2 young PMD and this notion about a 4th line playing 8-12 TOI speaks of a vastly different team game is being planned. Toss in the fact just about all the micromanaged Carlyle favorites are no longer with the team I'm cautiously optimistic the quality of the team game will be one that isn't of the micromanaged bench rope & dope, defend and counter attack variety which is at least a start in the right direction in playing hockey these days.

I guess all of LeafNation is excited to see what Nylander can do in camp myself included. kid's immensely talented.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad