Which jersey would you choose?

Which TWO jerseys would you choose?

• Total voters

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
I went with Tavares personally but Matthews is the most common among leaf fan base...

Tavares and Marner...

I got Tavares, Clark and Gilmour...I am good

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I went with Tavares personally but Matthews is the most common among leaf fan base...

Tavares and Marner...

I got Tavares, Clark and Gilmour...I am good
When I went to the Leafs and Lightning game earlier this month in Tampa Bay the majority of Leafs fans had either a Matthews or Tavares jersey.

Personally I decided to bring my Marner jersey and I saw the odd person wearing a Rielly or Nylander jersey.

magicmitchmarner

Dec 29, 2018
Fake pieces of crap right there, those look disgusting. Glad you support a criminal organization that makes these

They look great and are great value for the money, I don't care if they are not the much more expensive $300 jerseys that are mostly cheaply heat pressed.

Reactions: uncleben

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Matthews and Tavares would be the bigger names, that will do best in a raffle situation. The casual fan, would know both of those names, beyond the rest... they might not be my personal choices, but I think you'd do best with these two names. Matthews the home grown star, and Tavares is a well known established NHL star already.

magicmitchmarner

Dec 29, 2018
The Adidas jerseys being sold today are a much better quality and worth the cost, especially compared to the Fanatics jerseys also being today.

They are all expensive replicas except for the on-ice jerseys being given directly to the team and the players, no one can purchase the latter. The last real jerseys made with quality are the Reebok Edge jerseys.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They are all expensive replicas except for the on-ice jerseys being given directly to the team and the players, no one can purchase the latter. The last real jerseys made with quality are the Reebok Edge jerseys.
Are you referring to the Reebok Indo Edge jerseys? If so those alone cost like $300 and that's without a players name or number.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yes the 2.0 version and yes they are expensive.
Earlier this year I purchased myself Tavares and Marner Adidas jerseys and the cost was still less than the RBK 2.0 Indo Edge jerseys would have cost.

Now the cost for my Marner jersey was $249.99 at SportChek before the tax, however I bought my Tavares jersey at that annual Sport Card Expo at the International Centre from a sports store located from Stouffville who had a both setup and paid $220 total in cash.

magicmitchmarner

Dec 29, 2018
Earlier this year I purchased myself Tavares and Marner Adidas jerseys and the cost was still less than the RBK 2.0 Indo Edge jerseys would have cost.

Now the cost for my Marner jersey was $249.99 at SportChek before the tax, however I bought my Tavares jersey at that annual Sport Card Expo at the International Centre from a sports store located from Stouffville who had a both setup and paid $220 total in cash.

Wow that is still really expensive for non-authentic gear, I only paid $70 for each jersey with all of the logos, lettering and numbers stitched on.

In your case I would have paid the extra money for the authentic Reebok Edge 2.0 jerseys.

Last edited:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The major difference is those are officially licensed for the NHL, where as the cheap ones from China look horrible. See you for yourself in these examples.

Adidas authentic version.

Knock fake version from China.

I including most people agree with you 100%, some people just don't care that it looks cheaper and that the design is completely off. I personally can't comprehend that. But some people just don't care that the waist stripe and collar are laughably thicker than what it really should be. In fact I think there is a very high chance that many "fans" don't even know that the waist stripe isn't supposed to be that thick. To each their own.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

magicmitchmarner

Dec 29, 2018
The major difference is those are officially licensed for the NHL, where as the cheap ones from China look horrible. See you for yourself in these examples.

I agree the knock off jerseys from China look bad, the white waist stripe thickness is off and so is the Adidas logo. My Adidas Indo jerseys do not look like that at all.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I including most people agree with you 100%, some people just don't care that it looks cheaper and that the design is completely off. I personally can't comprehend that. But some people just don't care that the waist stripe and collar are laughably thicker than what it really should be. In fact I think there is a very high chance that many "fans" don't even know that the waist stripe isn't supposed to be that thick. To each their own.
I agree that there might be some fans who can not tell the differences between the authentic jerseys and the fake ones sold from China, however in a lot of the pictures they are very obvious. For example in the pictures I posted above you can still the one from China are bad because of the laces under the NHL logo and the Adidas logo in the white strip at the bottom. Plus the Leafs logo on the fake jersey just does not look right.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I agree the knock off jerseys from China look bad, the white waist stripe thickness is off and so is the Adidas logo. My Adidas Indo jerseys do not look like that at all.
At that Sport Card Expo I previously mentioned I also saw other sellers and one had a few Leafs knock off jerseys from China. Let me tell you those look horrible up close and in person.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
I never owned a player jersey. When I wanted a Leafs jersey, I'd buy one and stitch my own name on the back for shinny.

... but I chose Matthews because I play Centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad