Which item is the biggest wet blanket to your opening game excitement?

Which one sucks the most for you right now....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If you select anything other than Boeser I don’t understand

Well I figure Boeser will be in the lineup soon. He’ll be on the road trip and day to day so I don’t find that to be a wet blanket.

What I find to be a wet blanket is the Gadjovich waiving. Not because I think he’s a great player but that it continues to signal that this front office is going for quick fixes to try to make the playoffs. Pulling out all the shots so to speak to squeak in while playing in the worst division in the league.

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
For me it's actually the Juolevi trade. Took some wind out of my sails for sure. Not because I felt he was going to be a world beater, but because I feel his fate was written the second he took the fetal position in the corner. No imagination by trying some LHS on the right side, and going with guys who (imo) are clearly inferior players (ie Schenn) because they stayed upright after the bag skate, and are RHS.

I like many of the changes made, feel OEL has given reason for optimism with his play in preseason, but the OJ situation spelled out clearly to me that Green is not going to max out the talent that is in this lineup, and has zero chances of being creative to minimize holes.

If he had at least tried some different looks on the blueline, I might feel differently. Now that it looks like Hunt-Schenn will be in the opening day lineup, like just FML.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Having spent the summer being berated for not being positive enough about the great offseason the team had...and then starting the season with waiver wire garbage in the top six and on the blueline.

^^^Wasn't a poll option.

Tleve

Dec 26, 2005
The constant bitching and moaning whine fest that has become the HF Boards Canuck forum - this used to be an awesome forum but somehow it has become excruciatingly negative.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
My answer is n't in the choices given.

It is continuing another season with Benning trying to make the playoffs to save his job.

In my opinion we're already at the point where we're going to have to pay in the future for whatever success we are getting now and have gotten over the past few years. I see no chance on even starting to build a team that will be a stable, well run annual winner while we have the current GM.

We might be able to make the playoffs in a weak division. Hurray.

We aren't going to challenge for any championships.

There's my wet blanket and it is a big one. Others have complained about individual player decisions or the head coach keeping his job. To me those are just trees in the forest or, to go by the wording of the question, threads in the wet blanket.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
The constant bitching and moaning whine fest that has become the HF Boards Canuck forum - this used to be an awesome forum but somehow it has become excruciatingly negative.

Tell me about it. Thread after thread constantly derailed by constant crap like: "Oh man this forum is so negative and toxic whaa whaa whaa why aren't people more positive about a team that barely escaped the bottom five last year, you're not real fans, criticism is hatred, blah blah..."

Really tedious. It's like, nobody's forcing them to post here, you know?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
My answer is n't in the choices given.

It is continuing another season with Benning trying to make the playoffs to save his job.

In my opinion we're already at the point where we're going to have to pay in the future for whatever success we are getting now and have gotten over the past few years. I see no chance on even starting to build a team that will be a stable, well run annual winner while we have the current GM.

We might be able to make the playoffs in a weak division. Hurray.

We aren't going to challenge for any championships.

There's my wet blanket and it is a big one. Others have complained about individual player decisions or the head coach keeping his job. To me those are just trees in the forest or, to go by the wording of the question, threads in the wet blanket.
Whining about management thread is over there..>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Read post #16

Wildcarder

Oct 21, 2008
Toronto
Losing Juolevi, Virtanen, Gadjovich, Lind all in one summer for basically nothing. Two top 10 picks, and two second rounders.

Yes, some of them needed to go (Juolevi, JV) but the loss of all of this draft capital for pretty much nothing is infuriating. The fact that we traded the 9OA pick and didn't restock our prospect pipeline also compounds it. We better hope this core is good enough to win, because there's very little coming up in terms of youth.

That said, I am excited to see our forwards this year and to see if OEL rebounds. Not having the deadweight of Beagle, Eriksson, Roussel, Baertschi and Sutter's contract is immensely satisfying.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Thread already being derailed by anti management BS.

Boeser will be back in 1 or 2 games, and I am no fan of gadj, so Harmonic not here really puts a damper on things. Sutter combined with Motte not here also dampens things. That's our 4th line and good penalty killers. I am worried we are going to get lit up on the PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad