Which is your 2nd "favourite" Canadian team?

Which is your 2nd favourite Canadian team?

• Total voters

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't particularly care for any team but I voted for the Oilers because of McDavid. This kid is just something else.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Interesting that so far we have VAN clear first then EDM-WPG and finally the rest.

From 2nd favorite to least:
  • For me I'd say it's Edmonton (except when they face the Habs), it's the only other team I take the time to watch full games once in a while. I'm always curious to see their bunch of top draft picks (or at least what's left) play.
  • Vancouver could be first, they have an interesting lineup, but as they are in the Pacific Time Zone, I don't know, I just don't follow them as much.
  • Winnipeg is a team I don't dislike, I've said before that I wouldn't have minded seeing Lafrenière land in Manitoba, but I'm not really a fan either.
  • Completely neutral about Calgary. I was too young to see the Cup Finals we played against them. I thought they had a cool team back in the Iginla-Kiprusoff days.
  • Ottawa didn't have a rivalry with us for years and was always our not too distant cousin, with a lot of games broadcasted on RDS. They would have been higher in the list before. But after facing them in the playoffs, and now with Thachuk...
  • Toronto... Kinda like the Oilers, I do love to watch that team elite offense in action, but they are our biggest rivals (with Boston but they're in a different division now).
So... I guess my favorite non-Habs Canadian matchup would be to watch the Oilers beat the Leafs 7-6.

Last edited:

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Vancouver is probably the team I dislike the least. But I'd like them better if they went back to their black/yellow uniform from the 90's. I really hate their current green/blue colors and logo.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Hate them all, but I’m in Winnipeg, so I’m glad the teams back. Nothing better than shit talking the Jets fans at work, our record is fairly solid against them, so it hasn’t really come back to haunt me yet.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Hate the owner but after some lean years the Sens are a fun team to watch again and will be absolute dynamite in a year or two

Reactions: DavePeak

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Vancouver for me as I lived there for quite a few years....

-Vancouver
-Calgary
-Ottawa
-Winnipeg
-Edmonton
-Any US based team
-Any KHL based team

toronto can eat shit

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Vancouver for me as I lived there for quite a few years....

-Vancouver
-Calgary
-Ottawa
-Winnipeg
-Edmonton
-Any US based team
-Any KHL based team

toronto can eat shit

I’m from Vancouver, but live in Toronto. I echo your sentiments, though while Toronto can eat shit, Ottawa to me is the skid mark of the North division.

Reactions: jaffy27

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
As someone who spends a lot of time in Toronto, I love trashing them, but... if there’s any team I’d ever cheer for after my Habs, it’s usually one of Toronto, Boston, and NYR. I love the rivalries we have, meeting up with opposing fans and just having fun with our rivalry... And if anything, that makes me appreciate those teams more. Sounds silly, I know, but I would be sad as shit if one of those 3 teams were to ever leave the league (obviously they wouldn’t), which is why as much as I hate them and hate to see them succeed, I kinda enjoy all the anger talk, the excitement of playing against them, etc. I would never endorse getting behind a boring ass team, ever.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Edmonton because of CM97.

Colorado is easily my 2nd favorite team. I just like watching MacKinnon play

Reactions: jaffy27

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I genuinely don't know. I don't truly HATE any canadian team. I strongly dislike Toronto and ottawa because of recent and not so recent rivalries but apart from that its a toss up. I don't care for or against the other teams.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I voted Vancouver mostly because their fans hate the Bruins as much as we do and I also like a lot of their current and former players, notably the Sedin twins, two elite players who were disrespected by many for no good reason.

For what it’s worth, I also cheered for Calgary and Edmonton to win the cup in 04 and 06. Leafs and Sens are the only Canadian teams I’ve never liked and it won’t change anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad