Which Is Worse: No Cups In 52 Years Or No Series Wins In 15 Years?

Which is worse?

• Total voters

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Finally conducting a proper rebuild and immediately f***ing up the contract negotiations.

For me personally it's the no second round in the playoffs, since I've been alive and a fan through all of it.

Last edited:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
No playoff series wins. You can ice a competitive team that’s fun to watch, but doesn’t quite get over the hump to win the cup. Not winning a single series means you aren’t even close though

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
i say no cup for 52 ! ask not just Leaf fans but also Blues fans how fun it's been waiting and waiting for a cup win !!

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
There both bad.Glad i'm not a fan of a team that has those stats.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
If you're watching NHL for 20 years, there is very little difference between no cups in 50 years vs no cups in 25 years... You don't remember it anyway... I'm sure there are a lot of fans who don't remember their team winning cup- no big deal...

Being bad for 15 years means there is entire generation of fans who only remember bad version of your team...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The no series win is worse and more surprising. The cup is incredibly hard to win. The Leafs have definitely fielded teams capable of winning a series though.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
If you're watching NHL for 20 years, there is very little difference between no cups in 50 years vs no cups in 25 years... You don't remember it anyway... I'm sure there are a lot of fans who don't remember their team winning cup- no big deal...

Being bad for 15 years means there is entire generation of fans who only remember bad version of your team...

In other words you could’ve just said if you’re a fan of any Canadian team :laugh::help:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I thought it would be lopsided the other way. A bit surprised here. When people make fun of the Leafs, I hear the first one mentioned a lot more.

Reactions: The Pale King

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

What if you have been watching the NHL for 40 yrs /50 yrs.Just because you haven't seen your team win a cup don't think that some of us don't remember our teams win multiple cups.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
As a Canucks fan since 1970, I'd just one Cup for anything the club has accomplished in the last 20 years... even if it meant only a faint memory of some distant victory back in the mists of time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No playoff series wins. You can ice a competitive team that’s fun to watch, but doesn’t quite get over the hump to win the cup. Not winning a single series means you aren’t even close though
At the end of the day, it's a game. We do this to enjoy ourselves.

Trophies are just a means to an end.

I'm a Yankees and a Giants fan, and I would argue the Yankees have been far more enjoyable the last 10-15 years even though the Giants have two championships.

The Yankees are consistently interesting whereas the Giants have been miserable outside of those two seasons.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
went with the series win

not only is it much harder to win a cup than a single series but I feel like there's some sort of time dilution at play here as well

I mean big picture is there really that big a difference between say not winning a cup in 52 years like the Leafs or not winning one in 36 years like the Islanders? they're both a very long time and at some point the actual number basically just becomes glorified trivia

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
They're pretty close to be honest. There's going to be stretches of teams not winning a cup, especially in a salary cap era. I think it's bad for a team like Toronto to not make the finals since 67 while having being able to ice a very expensive lineup relative to their peers.

Not making it to the second round in that long is also quite bad though. Are they the only team that hasn't advanced in that time?

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
They're pretty close to be honest. There's going to be stretches of teams not winning a cup, especially in a salary cap era. I think it's bad for a team like Toronto to not make the finals since 67 while having being able to ice a very expensive lineup relative to their peers.

Not making it to the second round in that long is also quite bad though. Are they the only team that hasn't advanced in that time?

Florida as well I believe.

Reactions: DitchMarner

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
IMO no series wins in 15 years.......not even sure how that's possible.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I remember the prime Hawks going to Toronto and getting smoked like 7-2.

That was a strong, veteran team. What happened to them?

Oh, wait...

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
No series wins. Those 1-2 series wins give you hope that there could be something, everyone knows how difficult it can be to ultimately win the SC.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
No series wins in 15 years really stings because it suggests that things aren't getting any better, but I think it's safe to say that isn't the case. They're at least making it in the the playoffs. We all knew they were not built for the playoffs. They've got a few moves to make. At the end of the day they'll be a better team.
They've got lots of great assets to move around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad