Which is the best of the American Cable networks?

Which one?

• Total voters

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
So I was watching this Simpsons clip and it dawned on me how great of a show The Simpsons is, and how my perception of Fox as a network only really exists because of what The Simpsons have said about it mixed with the bit I know of Fox News. As an ignorant Canadian who doesn't watch much TV, could you guys let me know what the top network is historically and currently? Thanks.

This is the clip, btw.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
None of those are "cable" networks. They are just the Networks, with a capital "N".

I would go with NBC over the field, mostly due to my affinity for a few shows in particular (The Office and Parks and Rec).

Such a personal taste thing, though. CBS is the bottom of the heap for me. They have the occasional show that feels like it belongs on another network (that is good). Mostly, they are the schlockiest of the bunch. Laugh-track sitcoms and procedural crime dramas with mediocre acting and worse writing. But they are flashy.

Reactions: G F O P

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Those aren't cable...

It's down to preference. NBC is the only one that produces shows that I tend to love with semi-regularity (The Good Place, Community, Parks & Rec, The Office, etc.), while FOX occasionally does.

I don't think I've watched ABC since the 90s and CBS is pure garbage meant for consumption by my dad.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Jeez... of those network channels, I guess I've gotten more enjoyment out of NBC overall, followed by Fox then ABC then CBS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad