Which Habs players currently have Allan Walsh as their agent?

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
He is a well known *******, but I don't think he has a bad relationship with the habs that's just the way he is with everyone. He is from Mtl I believe

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Curious to know, he seems to be the arrogant type and he seems to have a bad relation with the Habs somehow.

Walsh is Halak's agent, and pumped his tires big time during Halak's time here. Which was fine, but he also did it at the expense of Price (e.g. tweeting his stats compared to Price's, questioning why Price was getting a start over Halak, etc), which I think pissed off a lot of people in Montreal. It was the eye of the storm re: the Halak/Price debate and people were irked that he was stirring the pot in the city just to benefit his client.

Basically he leans on social media to stir up fanbases and try to put pressure on teams to cave to his clients. He pulled a similar stunt when Sarnia drafted Pavel Zacha in the import draft and Walsh took to twitter to rip Sarnia's GM personally, more or less calling him an idiot for drafting a player to a team that Zacha publicly said he wouldn't sign with. Lo and behold Zacha eventually did sign with Sarnia and a lot of people (myself included) saw Walsh's outburst as a calculated move to try to humiliate Sarnia into caving to whatever demands Zacha and Walsh had already put on the table.

That being said - I don't think there's anything personal between Walsh and the organization. His twitter stunts are probably annoying but at the same time, business is business. He has tons of NHL clients so obviously he's good at what he does. As someone posted out, he wouldn't do his radio segment if he didn't like Montreal, but I imagine he took a lot of heat from Montreal fans on twitter during the Halak/Price days.

(He's also a really good follow on Twitter and is vehemently pro-player which makes for some interesting reads and insights)

He's Jiri Sekac's agent, but to my knowledge (just based on who he tweets about) he doesn't represent anyone currently on the Canadiens.

Last edited:

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
He has a ton of clients who come from the Q. I wouldn't be surprised if either Beaulieu or Bournival were Walsh guys.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
The answer is too many. He's one of the agents trying to get rid of bridge deals. The idea of removing bridge deals, alone, isn't bad, but he instructs his players to hold out. He does this because he makes a cut of his players salary (5% I think?) and bridge deals don't pay for him so he makes his players refuse those deals.

How can an agent in the NHL affect the types of contracts given out? It doesn't make sense to me that their private agenda can have any bearing on negotiations. Walsh is a real loudmouth too, on Twitter all he does is ***** about the injustices to the players he represents, it's as as if he couldn't care two shifts about the game and is just there to collect a (big) pay check.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'm sure he represents quite a lot of the Europeans and Quebecois players. Not sure which names or how many, but I recall hearing something of that sense.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is the Brian Burke of the agents..........he loves himself, way too much...and social media, and microphones...wow, the guy is a disaster.

Let's hope none of the kids have him as an agent...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well, he's a McGill graduate.
He also sure fights a lot for his clients interests. Which is his job, by the way, and he is apparently good enough.

It just can rub off a few people the wrong way and could eventually come back and bite him where it hurts. He's probably not a D-Bag, but he seems like one, professionnally-speaking.

There are different kinds of agents. Guys like Brisson do their job by being mostly in the background and befriending anyone that could help them. Walsh is of the other kind.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Pretty heavy character assassinations.

The guy is no different than most agents. He's not there to maximize the teams' profits. If he generates a commission for himself, it follows that the player has received a payout. Whether a player should go long or short on a deal will not be influenced by an agent's commission, but by risk tolerance, financial projections, the CBA and how comparable players are faring, namely.

An agent who only worries about his pocket book, won't last too long. I'm highly skeptical about a lot of the claims being made about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad