Which games are you attending this year?

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Orange County, CA resident. So I see the Av's every time they play the Ducks down here (cheaper to get tix a couple weeks before) and once or twice against the Kings. Wife is a Kings fan. Son is a Ducks fan. So we have quite the divided household.

Reactions: MaKarter

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Coming in from the Pacific Northwest to see the boys at home vs the Rangers on March 28th. Never been to Denver (except the airport) so pretty damn excited!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My preferred seats are center ice, middle or upper deck depending on the venue and then the lowest row possible.

I like being able to see the whole ice surface without getting tunnel vision but also not so high up that I need to worry about coagulants for the nosebleed.

I've watched a few NHL games down low on the glass and while you sure do get a whole new appreciation for the speed and more impressively quickness of the players, there's just so much else happening on the ice that I miss out on.

Could also simply be that my old peepers and brain prefer seeing the whole picture rather than crazy detail up close.
Yeah, club level is on point. I sat at the top of the lower bowl in Tampa. 8 years ago, but it was crazy how reasonable those tickets were at 85 a seat. They hadn't won, but we're still pretty good back then.

I try to hit the game every time they come to Detroit, but I missed it last year. It's been nice, as they usually beat the piss out of Detroit lately lol.

Hopefully 4x4 rolls over JT this year lol. 😊

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, club level is on point. I sat at the top of the lower bowl in Tampa. 8 years ago, but it was crazy how reasonable those tickets were at 85 a seat. They hadn't won, but we're still pretty good back then.

I try to hit the game every time they come to Detroit, but I missed it last year. It's been nice, as they usually beat the piss out of Detroit lately lol.

Amalie is one of the better venues in the league. It kinda sucks to get to and out of... but great sight lines (even better than Ball Arena), good food, wide concourses, tailgating, outdoor beer garden for before and after the game... even downtown Tampa has started to develop.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Tampa avoided a biggie last week. If that hurricane made landfall further south, we would have been reading a completely different news cycle.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tampa avoided a biggie last week. If that hurricane made landfall further south, we would have been reading a completely different news cycle.

Yeah, it seems to get near misses plenty, or they go by and hit the Louisiana or Texas coast.

Amalie is one of the better venues in the league. It kinda sucks to get to and out of... but great sight lines (even better than Ball Arena), good food, wide concourses, tailgating, outdoor beer garden for before and after the game... even downtown Tampa has started to develop.

I bought parking for the year, and went early a lot. I don't remember it being to bad to get into or out of, but I learned how to hit the right side streets and come out closer to the highway enteance. Either that or just chill and shop, or go have drinks after. So many people just follow the GPS lol.

Going to games in shorts a lot was fun, just brought a blanket. The wife at the time was pregnant, but I enjoyed myself. 😆

Loved that area/city. It's pretty obvious why the players love it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The kinda insane thing is that Tampa doesn’t ever really get hit by a major hurricane (IIRC the last was 1921 and only 5 in like 200 years). I don’t get the science as to why, but they just get the random storms and surge typically. The big stuff moves north or south. It’s weird.

Yeah, it seems to get near misses plenty, or they go by and hit the Louisiana or Texas coast.

I bought parking for the year, and went early a lot. I don't remember it being to bad to get into or out of, but I learned how to hit the right side streets and come out closer to the highway enteance. Either that or just chill and shop, or go have drinks after. So many people just follow the GPS lol.

Going to games in shorts a lot was fun, just brought a blanket. The wife at the time was pregnant, but I enjoyed myself. 😆

Loved that area/city. It's pretty obvious why the players love it.
I think in general Tampa traffic is bad. Might be an extension of it just being worse in my mind.

I love Tampa. I wouldn’t want to live there as I don’t like big cities… but as big cities go, it is a great place. Beautiful weather, great food, good beer, tons of things to do… it used to be cheap (not so much now). I completely get why it is a boom town right now.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
The kinda insane thing is that Tampa doesn’t ever really get hit by a major hurricane (IIRC the last was 1921 and only 5 in like 200 years). I don’t get the science as to why, but they just get the random storms and surge typically. The big stuff moves north or south. It’s weird.

I think in general Tampa traffic is bad. Might be an extension of it just being worse in my mind.

I love Tampa. I wouldn’t want to live there as I don’t like big cities… but as big cities go, it is a great place. Beautiful weather, great food, good beer, tons of things to do… it used to be cheap (not so much now). I completely get why it is a boom town right now.
People used to say that about New Orleans too.

I think it was back in 99 and 00 I did a research project at college on the Coastal 2050 project and a lot of that was based on worse case scenarios for a hurricane hitting NO. It was crazy when Katrina hit. Almost everything occurred just as the project predicted. It was maddening because they absolutely predicted all the major weak points, stress issues and where the worse hit areas would be so precisely but were ultimately powerless to prevent it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

The surrounding areas are nice. I loved the Gulfport/St Pete area.

I don't know, after living in Seattle and dealing with I25 or whatever in Colorado. Tampa seemed easy to get in and out of lol.

It just seems like the air stream never causes the Hurricanes to hook right that hard in that area. Tampa was also more temperate than I see people described Florida. I never felt like it was deathly hot, and even on the warmer days there was a cool breeze.

You could definitely feel the difference the further you went into the interior. Northern California is really temperate like that too.

People used to say that about New Orleans too.

I think it was back in 99 and 00 I did a research project at college on the Coastal 2050 project and a lot of that was based on worse case scenarios for a hurricane hitting NO. It was crazy when Katrina hit. Almost everything occurred just as the project predicted. It was maddening because they absolutely predicted all the major weak points, stress issues and where the worse hit areas would be so precisely but were ultimately powerless to prevent it.

Actually right after I left Brag was when that hit. Everyone I know was part of a group of 82nd soldiers they sent down there. It's pretty rare for active duty soldiers to be used in the US too.

That was crazy, and one of the worst handled disasters in memory.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Those are good seats in Tampa. I have been to two games there over the years. First one was when the team sucked, I sat upstairs and it was a sea of empty seats. I paid a guy outside $5 for the ticket, was late in a no playoff season for them. Exactly the same as going to a Panthers game, a handful of die hard fans, plenty of opposing team fans and little atmosphere otherwise

Then went just weeks before the pandemic and sat lower bowl in a corner. Awesome seats, but not cheap, I think I paid $125. Fans are awesome there now, really great atmosphere.

So different than the Panthers and their big parking lot and all the people coming over from the mall. Was a great example of what winning and wise arena location can do for a team. All the Canadians think things are equal among the Sunbelt teams but have never been to see the difference.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I try to go about once a month, usually weekday and it’s cheaper. I’ll try to drag my husband to one weekend game. My favorite sections are the center ice inside the blue line, they are priced cheaper than the center sections and just as good of a view (104, 122, etc). My target is about $100 before fees but the Avs raised prices again this year, it’s going to be closer to $130-150 before fees for those sections but I keep watch for some to shake loose. I’ll also do club but only in row 1 to mix it up if it’s cheaper. I refuse to do upper bowl at Ball Arena.

TM always has a Black Friday deal so keep that in mind but usually only applies to non-resale. Last year was no fees, the year before was percent off certain sections. If resale is close to face I’ll wait for the BF sale and go from there.

I also try to get to one road game per year. Did Montreal last year, Nashville before that, AZ in the covid shortened season and Carolina about a week before the pandemic started. This year I’m doing Seattle.

Reactions: MaKarter

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2