Which games are you attending this year?

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I bought my tickets for the game in Nashville. Pretty affordable compared to Ball Arena.

The real question is which restaurants I need to go to in Nashville?

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Avs should be a bit more affordable this year, after all we aren’t coming off a cup victory.

I’d like to see the McOilers and some of the Eastern Conference teams. We’ll see what schedule allows.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I bought my tickets for the game in Nashville. Pretty affordable compared to Ball Arena.

The real question is which restaurants I need to go to in Nashville?
How expensive is Ball Arena normally? Only game I’ve been to there was banner raising last October so obviously that was a mental price but it’s still ~385 CAD for two premium lower bowl seats in Van on a Wednesday which seems wild given the state of the Canucks

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Do they throw in a free hot dog when you purchase a seat in the Ball arena? I usually get hungry during the games.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
"Which games are you attending this year?"

Whatever mothafuggin games I can watch from my couch as my 6 year old cries that it's bed time, my 2 year old runs around like a madman, and my 4mo old just stares and wonders what the f*** she was brought in to!

dave-chappelle.gif

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
How expensive is Ball Arena normally? Only game I’ve been to there was banner raising last October so obviously that was a mental price but it’s still ~385 CAD for two premium lower bowl seats in Van on a Wednesday which seems wild given the state of the Canucks
It is pretty much the same in Denver. With the crazy fee's its about $400 for 2 seats lower section.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is pretty much the same in Denver. With the crazy fee's its about $400 for 2 seats lower section.
I find it depends a lot on the opponent and time of the week. You can get Ducks tickets on a Tuesday in the lower level for ~100-150 for 2. But a Hawks game on Sunday will be 600+.

The real bargain at Ball Arena are the 200 level seats. You can frequently find them cheaper than the lower bowl, many of the seats are actually better viewing... and you get much better amenities. :nod:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Got the 10 game package that I have had for years. Sitting center ice about 5 rows up center ice, love my seats for $68/game. They were $49 two years ago so yeah a little bit of inflation but whatever. Looking at adding a few roadies, maybe some LA games. I'll usually also attend about 3-5 random NHL games while traveling as well. Really enjoy the experience wherever and it has made it obvious to me about where on the pecking order Ball Arena stands.

You can pay a ton for a game or can keep the total expense down to about $60/person, not that hard. Most people who rarely attend like to exaggerate the cost. I pay $5 to park and walk a few blocks. I don't buy the mediocre beer because I don't drink at games. Yeah the food is overpriced but no one says you have to eat like its a goddamn buffet. Most I'll spend on food/drinks is about $20.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I find it depends a lot on the opponent and time of the week. You can get Ducks tickets on a Tuesday in the lower level for ~100-150 for 2. But a Hawks game on Sunday will be 600+.

The real bargain at Ball Arena are the 200 level seats. You can frequently find them cheaper than the lower bowl, many of the seats are actually better viewing... and you get much better amenities. :nod:

We splurged last year for the opener (of course), but can usually find around row 8-12 in the lower level for around $150-$200 by waiting and watching ticketmaster... one year we bought tickets on the drive down :laugh: Those were all Saturday games, too.

Looking at 11/11 vs the Blues, it's a friend's birthday. Can't make the opener vs Chicago this year, I don't think. But agreed on Club level, for sure

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
Got the 10 game package that I have had for years. Sitting center ice about 5 rows up center ice, love my seats for $68/game. They were $49 two years ago so yeah a little bit of inflation but whatever. Looking at adding a few roadies, maybe some LA games. I'll usually also attend about 3-5 random NHL games while traveling as well. Really enjoy the experience wherever and it has made it obvious to me about where on the pecking order Ball Arena stands.

You can pay a ton for a game or can keep the total expense down to about $60/person, not that hard. Most people who rarely attend like to exaggerate the cost. I pay $5 to park and walk a few blocks. I don't buy the mediocre beer because I don't drink at games. Yeah the food is overpriced but no one says you have to eat like its a goddamn buffet. Most I'll spend on food/drinks is about $20.
This has to be 3rd level, yeah? If not, get me in touch with your salesperson is because that is absurdly low for lower bowl. I also get a 10 game package and pay 65 per seat for 3rd level, which I am very happy paying.

Reactions: Avs91

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This has to be 3rd level, yeah? If not, get me in touch with your salesperson is because that is absurdly low for lower bowl. I also get a 10 game package and pay 65 per seat for 3rd level, which I am very happy paying.
Yeah its upstairs. Lower bowl is poor value IMO and hard to get into anyways. Center ice directly below me starts at about $225 per game but doubt they have anything for sale.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My preferred seats are center ice, middle or upper deck depending on the venue and then the lowest row possible.

I like being able to see the whole ice surface without getting tunnel vision but also not so high up that I need to worry about coagulants for the nosebleed.

I've watched a few NHL games down low on the glass and while you sure do get a whole new appreciation for the speed and more impressively quickness of the players, there's just so much else happening on the ice that I miss out on.

Could also simply be that my old peepers and brain prefer seeing the whole picture rather than crazy detail up close.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
My preferred seats are center ice, middle or upper deck depending on the venue and then the lowest row possible.

I like being able to see the whole ice surface without getting tunnel vision but also not so high up that I need to worry about coagulants for the nosebleed.

I've watched a few NHL games down low on the glass and while you sure do get a whole new appreciation for the speed and more impressively quickness of the players, there's just so much else happening on the ice that I miss out on.

Could also simply be that my old peepers and brain prefer seeing the whole picture rather than crazy detail up close.
Plus the fans in many cities kinda suck down in the premium lowers, Avs being no exception. Upstairs is mostly good fans, into the game, know the game and are fun to be amongst. The few times I'm down in premiums you hear people who don't know the rules, ask stuff like how old is so and so, spend half the game on their phones with some even having business discussions. Worst thing you see are teenage kids and wives of these rich folks who couldn't care less about hockey taking up seats. Spend the 3 hours doing social media or playing games on their phone. What a waste and a killer of the atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00