which game do you prefer?

Charlie McAdaddy

Registered Champion
Mar 11, 2004
Winchesterfieldville
I was an avid player of the EA NHL games, spefically franchise mode, from 94 to 14 and havent got one since. I'm looking to pick one up to do a GM/Franchise mode and I'm trying to decide between NHL 20,21, and 22. Is there any significant pros/cons/differences between each of them - specifically in regards to gameplay and franchise modes? which would you prefer?

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I used to play NHL 2000-2008 on weekends, sometimes after school, but haven't played any video games in 15 years.

I recently bought a PS4, and just started playing NHL 2022. I started a Franchise Mode almost immediately and so far I'm really enjoying it.

It's much more advanced than what I was prepared for (minor league team, salary cap, owner requests, arena revenue, players on trade block, assigning scouts to diff leagues, scouting prospects for the draft, firing coaches etc) but so far it's added to the enjoyment.

You can also set the difficulty and limitations of pretty much everything I just listed.

Gameplay is fine so far but I've only just started, so I might notice flaws as I get going. I have my controller settings set similar to what I'm used to.

I haven't played online yet, because I'm not as good as I used to be, and I'd probably get stomped.

You can also easily download people's shared rosters onto your system. The most current one was close to the trade deadline I believe, which is when I started playing.

I haven't played any other versions since 2008 and have only been playing this one for about a week, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad