Which Former GM would you hire?

Which Former GM do you hire for your newly owned NhL expansion team to be your GM?

• Total voters

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Your the new owner of an NHL expansion team and Gary bettman has recommended 4 candidates to fill your vacant GM spot. You are being forced by bettman to choose one of the 4.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Given what I just lived through, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Fletcher. He's known to be collaborative to the point of being a rubber stamp, so I pick him to get Gary off my ass, then hire a bunch of "senior advisors" who have experience being better GMs than Chuck could ever dream of being, and tell him that their positive input on his decisions will be required.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Bergevin still made a few great moves: Suzuki/Tatar for Pacioretty, Danault/Romanov for Fleichmann/Weiss, drafted Caufield, Guhle

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Jimmefer Benning please.

He f***ed up a lot, but he also put in place some genuine building blocks for the franchise. That's the main thing i think.

Reactions: banks and Play

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Jim Benning simply because of Pettersson and Hughes
I wouldn't be so quick to give him credit (especially given what we know of his abilities as a GM).

There were pretty well-circulated murmurs that Gradin pushed heavily for Pettersson and Brackett (and even Weisbrod) pushed heavily for Hughes.

Gradin is known for being an expert on Swedish prospects and Brackett is known for his affinity for US prospects.

It's no surprise that the Wild have one of the best prospect pools in the league ever since Benning pushed Brackett out of the organization.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs fan saying Benning

Bergevin was great at trading players but he sucked at negociating and made unforgivable sins like loosing for nothing Danault and Romanov, and did also "other stuff" (like, you know, drafting Logan Mailloux)

Benning has flaws (he also suck at negociating) but at least he can draft (which would help, since Bergevin put us at the bottom of the barrel)

Reactions: biturbo19

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'd go Bergevin easily. Bergevin was good at a lot of things, he just lacked direction and failed at some key aspects of team management. A team with him as a GM but a competent President of Hockey Ops above him likely would do pretty well.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
What no Milbury?

Condition has no stipulation that you need to keep them for X amount of years (or even a full season).

I'd pick the worst GM possible so that I'd have grounds for firing them as soon as possible, already having the GM I really wanted lined up to replace them.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad