Which Finnish player do you pick for your team?

Finnish player age/contract applies

• Rantanen

Votes: 23 11.5%
  • Barkov

Votes: 93 46.5%
  • Heiskanen

Votes: 74 37.0%
  • Saros

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Aho

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Hintz

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Teräväinen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maccelli

• Laine

• Lehkonen

• Lindell

• Other, who?

• Total voters

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Rantanen (9.250 x 1yr) - Turns 28 in October
Barkov (10.000 x 6yrs) - 29 in September
Heiskanen (8.450 x 5yrs) - 25 in July
Saros (5.000 x 1yr) - Turned 29 recently
Aho (9.750 x 8yrs) - 27 in July
Hintz (8.450 x 7yrs) - 28 in November
Teräväinen (UFA) - 30 in September
Maccelli (3.425 x 2yrs) - 24 in October (RFA when contract expires)
Laine (8.700 x 2yrs) - Turned 26 recently
Lehkonen (4,500 x 3yrs) - 29 in July
Lindell (5.800 x 1yr) - 30 later this month

I'd take Heiskanen as long as I can ship Chabot and Chychrun elsewhere. If I'm not allowed to make a trade directly as a result of the aquisition - I'd go Saros because the Sens badly need goaltending.

Reactions: NyQuil

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Heiskanen, without hesitation for the Canucks.

Rantanen is awfully tempting, but older. Aho, Hintz also merit a glance as alternatives up front.

But nah. A 25 year old Norris caliber defenceman on a great contract? I take that. The ability to have one of Hughes or Heiskanen on the ice at pretty much all times would just be such a gamebreaking, ice tilting capability.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
The Red Wings we don't draft Finns, because we want to win.
Funny that your team has the longest playoffs drought in the league after Sabres and all the "Finnish core" teams Carolina, Colorado, Dallas and Florida made it to the second round again.

Reactions: Xspyrit

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Heiskanen.

Ask me whose best today? I'll say Rantanen - but for long-term I'll pick Heiskanen. Defensemen often age better, and I'm pretty sure he's younger too.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Pretty easily Heiskanen for the Devils, they need a goalie but with just 1 year left on his deal they likely pass up Saros here.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
I have to give a lot of credit to Aho (the finnish version) :)

He would easily be my pick, now and in the future.

I see people argue for Rantanen, Barkov & Heiskanen and they have different merits but to me Aho stands out as being a clutch player that gets better when it's tight and doesn't miss his chances.

Barkov, is of course great - the underlying statistics seem to be great allthoug he might not always get the most attention. He is super important to Florida - no doubt about it!

Rantanen also a fantastic player but it would be interesting to see how he would do in a less talented team - alhtough I have no doubt he still would be among the best forwards in the league.

Heiskanen - The things I'm writing here is for playoffs only : I haven't had full focus on Dallas this playoff but I remember last seasons playoff when I think the rumour of his greatness made me a bit dissapointed in his actual performance . The playoff matches I've seen this seasons too - I don't think he has been as consistent as one could hope either. (His +/- seems not to be that great and I've seen him do some mistakes in playoffs , some indicated by the commentator). There is no question he has all the things to make him a star though . I know this will get a lot of angry finns on me - you can prove me wrong if you like :)

But Aho, that guy sometimes seems to be most of Carolinas offense - and super dangerous if he gets a chance , If I could take one player from FInland ato my team it would 100% be him.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Heiskanen - The things I'm writing here is for playoffs only : I haven't had full focus on Dallas this playoff but I remember last seasons playoff when I think the rumour of his greatness made me a bit dissapointed in his actual performance . The playoff matches I've seen this seasons too - I don't think he has been as consistent as one could hope either...
Just chiming in to say that this was one great anti-jinx. In three matches since he has 3 goals and 3 assists against Avs. :thumbu:

(Probably after my message he disappears :help:)

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Just chiming in to say that this was one great anti-jinx. In three matches since he has 3 goals and 3 assists against Avs. :thumbu:

(Probably after my message he disappears :help:)
You are absolutely right ! No discussion about that ! And Barkov too has been producing like never before.

All finns should thank me for jinxing up Barkov and Heiskanen to new heights :)

PS On a sidenote - Johnston has been doing great too , his numbers are through the roof last game on moneypuck !!!... I think Dallas will take this one easily now with all problems in Colorado right now

Reactions: LaMasquerade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad