Which era of Blues uniforms is your favorite and what would you like to see next?

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Our current third jersey are my favorite, Followed by 92-94 I guess.

Always hated the 95-97 and 97-98 with the lines slanted at the bottom.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
I'd say 98-07 but I liked it when it had St. Louis written on the blue note also. So those colors but just wright St. Louis on the blue note would be cool I think.
Still keep our current third jersey though.

Maya Blue

Jan 17, 2013
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I loved the 98-07 jerseys as they were just about as perfect a jersey as you can get, but am also fond of the 87-94 years.

I would go back to the 98-07 style and have a third jersey with yellow stripes as the 87-94 did.

Although that white version of our current third is really nice.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, I know this but don't you think that's strange?

I'm a big fan of all kinds of music, but I'm not a musician, myself. As I understand it, it's a "blues" styled song, which I guess differs from delta blues as we recognize it, but is structurally blues.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Now if you you're talking about WC Handy's orginal "St Louie Blues", this is a Blues song played by a big band in the big band era. But WC Handy heard a bluesman playing his guitar singing the Blues waiting for a train then he wrote his song which is written in a 12 bar Blues format. But if you're speaking of the "When The Blues Coming Marching In" a parity of "When The Saints Come Marching In" this is a jazz song.

But it is true WC Handy played the trumpet.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Did a quick (terrible) sketch. Wouldn't be bad if I simplified it and changed the note a bit.

IMAG0308_zpsc3aac633.jpg

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Did a quick (terrible) sketch. Wouldn't be bad if I simplified it and changed the note a bit.

IMAG0308_zpsc3aac633.jpg

Not a bad idea, and as a guitar player I like it and it's perfectly natural to think of the guitar when you think of The Blues. But there were many great bluesmen that played the harmonica or the piano. One of the greatest song writers of the 40' 50' 60's was a bass player, Willie Dixon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad