Speculation: Which Direction Should the Wild Head?

What should the organization do going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
One never knows except for the GM and his team of assistants . At the beginning of the season Fenton could have said to himself " this team has made the playoffs the last 6yrs so I am not doing anything till the deadline." However most of our tradeable players value is low right now. Dumba's Gone till at least the playoffs which complicates things. The real thing that worries me is that in the trade forum on this site I read a post where someone said there could be 5 decent centers including Staal that could be available at the TDL which could drive down his value if we decide to trade him at that point. Half the season left thought still hope we can get it together.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
One never knows except for the GM and his team of assistants . At the beginning of the season Fenton could have said to himself " this team has made the playoffs the last 6yrs so I am not doing anything till the deadline." However most of our tradeable players value is low right now. Dumba's Gone till at least the playoffs which complicates things. The real thing that worries me is that in the trade forum on this site I read a post where someone said there could be 5 decent centers including Staal that could be available at the TDL which could drive down his value if we decide to trade him at that point. Half the season left thought still hope we can get it together.
Who are the other centers available?

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Who are the other centers available?
The thread Eric Staal @TDL lists duhense, hayes, spezza, nelson, Lee, and brassard. Their point being is with this number of possibles available (?) The return would be less than a #1 pick. All we can do is wait and see. If we could get a first I'd pull the trigger.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The thread Eric Staal @TDL lists duhense, hayes, spezza, nelson, Lee, and brassard. Their point being is with this number of possibles available (?) The return would be less than a #1 pick. All we can do is wait and see. If we could get a first I'd pull the trigger.

I don’t see Pittsburgh trading brassard with how well they’re playing. Hayes and Duchene are moveable peices, but no Guaruntee they move. Spezza and Nelson both have significantly less value then staal. I wouldn’t worry about what staal can return, but that we even trade him if we’re out of things.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Breathe Right strips?
I'm honestly not sure what I meant by that. It probably sounded really good in my head along with all the beer last night.

It does remind me of the time I tried Chris Hyatt's "Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation" exercises during lunch at work for a week or so. I'm not sure if I pinched a nerve or what, but I remember running to a meeting right afterward one day and feeling like reality was falling apart around me. Some of the best breathing I've ever done.

Reactions: BagHead

Wabit

May 23, 2016
3rd in the Central, yet 2p away from being out of the Playoffs completely.

The West is just a bunch of blah outside of the top 5 teams.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
When Central was on top of the league, Wild wasn't good enough. Now when Central sucks, they are not bad enough.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I still don't see this team selling. They'll make the playoffs one way or another.

If they fall flat after the ASG, they can drop real quick in the standings. At least a couple of the bottom-10 teams in the West is going to get separate (either up or down in the standings) themselves from the rest of the suck before the TDL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If they fall flat after the ASG, they can drop real quick in the standings. At least a couple of the bottom-10 teams in the West is going to get separate (either up or down in the standings) themselves from the rest of the suck before the TDL.

The West is pretty bad this year. They would have to fall pretty flat after the ASG (even as bad as January has been for the team, they still obtained the 4th most points this month for teams) to even start selling off.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
The West is pretty bad this year. They would have to fall pretty flat after the ASG (even as bad as January has been for the team, they still obtained the 4th most points this month for teams) to even start selling off.

They were 8-4 in January weren't they? I think Decemeber is the month you should be using .

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Some teams are going to snap out of their slump, we've seen the Wild do it almost every year.

The Wild have 13 games before the TDL, but only 2 of those games (DAL/NYI) are against teams currently sitting in Playoff spots. It should be time for them to make hay and separate themselves in the standings, but they've played like garbage against the non-Playoff teams so far this year. This should be 18-20 standings points before to the TDL.

After the TDL is a brutal stretch of games: Jets, Flames/NSH back-to-back (with travel from CGY to MN), NSH, TB/FLA back-to-back (both away games), SJS. 6 of those games happen in 10 days. Only 4 (3 of them part of back-to-backs) of their last 18 games are against teams not in the Playoffs currently: FLA, NYR, CAR, AZ

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
My opinion: If by the TD the Wild are more than 6 points out of it, I think Fenton takes it as an excuse (which I'll be happy about) to sell.
1-6 points behind or in a WC spot he won't sell.

We will know pretty much by 4 weeks from now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My opinion: If by the TD the Wild are more than 6 points out of it, I think Fenton takes it as an excuse (which I'll be happy about) to sell.
1-6 points behind or in a WC spot he won't sell.

We will know pretty much by 4 weeks from now.

The way the West is playing lately we'd have to lose like every game to get more than 6 points out of a WC spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce