Marlies Discussion: Which current Marlies make the Leafs opening roster?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I didn’t get a chance to watch anything but Marlies highlights since Korshkov was in the lineup. What did people see out of him to have so many people slotting him on the Leafs next year? 1 point in 9 games doesn’t give me a lot of hope that he’ll be able to produce anything in the bigs, but like I said I didn’t see much of him.

I watched him live. The guy is physical, he's skilled, and he's smart. He reminded me of Grundstrom, even though he did not end up putting up a lot of points. He came really close in just the one game I watched, but Tokarski was super lucky.

He should be in the AHL next year, but the NHL should not be far away for him I don't think.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
1.) Moore
2.) Rosen
3.) Bracco
4.) Marchment
5.) Korshkov
6.) Engvall
7.) Liljegren
8.) Timashov
9.) Sandin
10.) Carcone

Thats my order of likelihood to make the team

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Honestly I think we might see a lot more rookies than anyone should be comfortable with to start the year. They'll spend the first portion of the year sorting out who can play and who can't, before what might be a more active trade deadline, where they fill in the remaining holes.

I think the defense will get most of the way sorted out in the summer, but we'll start with a bunch of question marks at forward in the depth roles.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Liljegren - right sider probably guaranteed unless the Leafs get several right side defenders in the off season
Rosen
Borgman - as a 7th/8th defender until Dermott returns

Moore - a given
Bracco - if Nylander is dealt in the summer (or Marner holding out) otherwise he has plenty to gain in the AHL with work off puck possession, don't worry he'll play in the NHL in 2019-20 at some point
Timashov - if still with the organization, waiver eligible

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
I watched him live. The guy is physical, he's skilled, and he's smart. He reminded me of Grundstrom, even though he did not end up putting up a lot of points. He came really close in just the one game I watched, but Tokarski was super lucky.

He should be in the AHL next year, but the NHL should not be far away for him I don't think.

I’m getting the impression from posts I have read that Babcock and Dubas schmoozed these two to sign; Korshkov and Mikhayev. I believe in the playoffs Babcock mentioned in a presser that Toronto would have a couple of big bodies coming. I’m going to assume these are the two.

Reactions: ULF_55

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I’m getting the impression from posts I have read that Babcock and Dubas schmoozed these two to sign; Korshkov and Mikhayev. I believe in the playoffs Babcock mentioned in a presser that Toronto would have a couple of big bodies coming. I’m going to assume these are the two.

Fingers crossed about Mikhayev but I don't think Korshkov is quite the impact player it's being assumed he is. During his Marlies' playoff audition, he looked at best like a lighter weight Gauthier clone (Gauthier 2 years ago). Personally, I don't think he's as good as Gauthier and I think Engvall is a better prospect.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
If Enval did as good at center as what was suggested, I could see him supplanting Gauthier.

Gauthier's 7 AHL goals as a 22 year old, and Engval in his 1st. year as a 22 year old 19 goals.

Now not saying either will be offensive players, but wouldn't it be nice if the 4th. line center had some hands?

Engvall seems fairly comfortable at center too. Him becoming a center seems legit.

Reactions: WizardOfNaz

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Basically assured:
Moore

Really good bet:
Rosen
Mikheyev

50/50:
Liljegren
Borgman

Decent chance, but I wouldn't put money on it:
Marchment
Engvall

Really doubt it:
Sandin

Field of Dreams

Oct 10, 2011
Port Credit
I consider Moore a leaf already.

Rosen most likely to graduate. Marchment seems like a finished project and is next most likely considering LW depth and injuries. Bracco, Sandin, and Liljigren seem like they need more AHL seasoning but will be given a fair shot to prove otherwise at camp.

On a side note, Bracco has a pretty decent trophy case already.. Memorial Cup, Calder Cup, WJ gold.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Especially if Marner isn't signed.

If Marner holds out maybe they give Bracco #16 at training camp. ;-)

I think Engvall has a shot, outside chance for Bracco although it’s tough unless we move/lose a winger. Moore is already a Leaf.

Rosen has a chance and I suspect Lindgren is closer than we think.

Barring injuries, the rest of the Marlies will be spending the first half of the year in the A at least.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I like what I’m reading about Korshkov. Has he added some weight? The 6’4 is great but it would be nice if he was over 190lbs.

Reactions: zaqq

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Moore is already a Leaf imo.
Rosen will be Gardiner's replacement.
Liljegren will need to make the team for cap reasons and the need for a RHD.
Bracco or Korshkov until Hyman returns.
Borgman will make it as a 7 or 8.

Of course this all depends on what happens with trades and signings.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Moore and Rosen are sure things

Everyone else hard to say depends on trades, signings and CAP moves made this summer

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Graduating Marlies:
Moore
Rosen as a 5th
Borgman 7th press box.
Marchment will shock and make the team out of camp over Bracco

other players:
Korshkov will start on the Marlies
Kivihalme will start on the Marlies
Barring a big impression in camp, Bracco, Mikheyev Timashov will start on Marlies

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Bracco will be the most important graduate next season. Top-9 minutes and 2nd PP replacing Marleau, he sould have a Johnsson/Kapanen like impact. Moore is a direct replacement for Connor Brown on line #4 and the PK, jumping up to line #3 on occassion. Rosen will be the third pairing LHD. Borgman the 7th defenseman who is waiver exempt if at any time they need roster room. Sandin will cover for Dermott until he returns. Mikheyev or Marchment will cover for Hyman until he returns. Liljegren and Sandin are likely to come up permanently at the deadline to serve as internal upgrades for a playoff run and I expect them never to return to the Marlies.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
With the cap restrictions we face, it will be imperative that our development system continues to pump out NHL talent to supplement our depth. With that being said, who makes the team out of camp next season?

Gone:

Gardiner
Ennis
Sparks?
Brown?
Ozhiganov
Marincin
Marleau?
Etc.

What do you think it will look like?

One thing we will need to wait and see on is what will we have to include for a team to take on Marleau (unless we receive a similar cap dump in return).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad