Which core would you take moving forward?

Which core would you take moving forward?

• Stamkos Palat Point Sergachev Vasilevskiy

• Tavares Nylander Kadri Rielly Andersen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Wheres Kucherov lol? Take out Tavares if youre not going to include him.

Edit: thought Matthew was Nylander.

Stamkos
Tavares
Point
Vasilevaky
Sergachev
Palat
Nylander
Rielly
Andersen

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For me its:

Stamkos = Tavares
Palat > Nylander
Point > Kadri
Serg < Rielly
Vasily > Andersen

So Tampa by a little bit. What's crazy is that this excludes Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, and Gourde for Tampa. They are a ridiculous team.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
For me its:

Stamkos = Tavares
Palat > Nylander
Point > Kadri
Serg < Rielly
Vasily > Andersen

So Tampa by a little bit. What's crazy is that this excludes Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, and Gourde for Tampa. They are a ridiculous team.
Nylander 2 60 point seasons. Palat 1 60 point seasons...makes sense lol

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
:laugh: My favorite post in this thread. Just conveniently discount his 59 point season.
I’m saying Nylander has 2 20 goal seasons and 2 60 point seasons in 2 seasons.

Palat has had 5 full seasons and can’t even match it yet..

Why do you think Palat is better..

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
hedman + kucherov + Ryan mcdonagh + yanni gourde + Tyler Johnson + jt miller

The lightning core not mentioned, are arguably better than the leafs core mentioned.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I’m saying Nylander has 2 20 goal seasons and 2 60 point seasons in 2 seasons.

Palat has had 5 full seasons and can’t even match it yet..

Why do you think Palat is better..

A) Development isn't linear. Nylander could very well have already peaked. For some reason this is a foreign concept to Leaf fans. All players they have are locks to continue developing into superstars even though there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary, especially in higher draft picks that jump to the NHL very early on.

B) The gap between Nylander and Palat defensively is massive. They're comparable offensive players right now but defensively Palat is one of the best in the league. The fact your only response to it was "lol" is a pretty good indication that any sort of real conversation here is going to go way over your head so I'll just leave it at that, you can continue to use points as your arguments :laugh:

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
A) Development isn't linear. Nylander could very well have already peaked. For some reason this is a foreign concept to Leaf fans. All players they have are locks to continue developing into superstars even though there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary, especially in higher draft picks that jump to the NHL very early on.

B) The gap between Nylander and Palat defensively is massive. They're comparable offensive players right now but defensively Palat is one of the best in the league. The fact your only response to it was "lol" is a pretty good indication that any sort of real conversation here is going to go way over your head so I'll just leave it at that, you can continue to use points as your arguments :laugh:
NHL.com - Stats

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
A lot of people pointing out the missing Lightning guys but completely ignoring Matthews and Marner are also missing.

How convenient.

OP clearly states that this poll is connected to that strange duo poll from before.

Also putting Sergachev over Rielly is just awful all around.

Reactions: Albi34

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
A lot of people pointing out the missing Lightning guys but completely ignoring Matthews and Marner are also missing.

How convenient.

OP clearly states that this poll is connected to that strange duo poll from before.

Also putting Sergachev over Rielly is just awful all around.
I can see one or two guys.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Toronto not really close either, since its about GOING FORWARD.

tavares> stamkos, tavares is healthier and still hitting good numbers and better all around game
nylander>palat, overall play similar RIGHT NOW, palat being more impact full both ends but nylander is like 5 years younger and much healthier
point>kadri, similar players now but point is younger
Rielly>>Sergachev, rielly is quite a bit better then sergy not much to say
vasi>andersen, stats say it all

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Toronto not really close either, since its about GOING FORWARD.

tavares> stamkos, tavares is healthier and still hitting good numbers and better all around game
nylander>palat, overall play similar RIGHT NOW, palat being more impact full both ends but nylander is like 5 years younger and much healthier
point>kadri, similar players now but point is younger
Rielly>>Sergachev, rielly is quite a bit better then sergy not much to say
vasi>andersen, stats say it all
I can understand if you prefer the Toronto players in this poll but to say its "not really close" is ridiculous.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad