Which Canadian Team with no championship yet will win one first?

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I have less than zero faith that Ottawa can be good long enough to win a cup, and I'm not too sure Vancouver is in a position to win any time soon. Jets will probably be the next Canadian team to win, unless something radically changes.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Hockey is everything in Canada, and every fan deserves to know how it feels to win a Stanley Cup. It's a a feat the echos in eternity and will forever be remembered by all hockey fans across the globe

Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary all have their franchises etched in the history books with championship teams.

Vancouver went to the final 3 times, but hasn't been able to close the final gates
Ottawa (since it was re-inducted in 1992) made the final in 2007, but lost to the ducks
Winnipeg has yet to make the final, but has the brightest future of the 3, nearly going to the final last season

Which one will emerge as the next cup champs of the 3?
Thats none of your business

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Hey I love any threads that praise the Jets but yeah.....with the situation the other two teams are in right now, you could have just said "Name an NHL city that ends with 'innipeg'"

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets.

They have one of the best rosters in the NHL now.

They are one of the youngest teams in the NHL, with several of their top players still developing.

They have a manageable cap situation going forward.

They have smart management and stable and committed ownership.

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
I could see Calgary pulling one out at some point.
Other than that there’s the obvious Toronto/Winnipeg answer which is quite possible too. I just have a good feeling for the flames.

Reactions: Big Cactus

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The Sens have some good young talent. If by some miracle, Melnyk is forced to make an exit, the new owner would have something to start from if they were willing to invest some cash (but by then Duchene and Stone will probably be gone).

Realistically it's probably the Jets.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Still think oilers with the x factor. A competent gm can fix our garbage bottom 6 after Chiarelli is fired. Again for any other franchise this is a no brainer but the fact that Edmonton has 500+ sell outs is there incentive to change from the garbage management?

You can't trade for a Draisaitl and mcdavid which we are blessed with.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'll take the Jets but if Calgary could land a goalie, I think it might be them.

Edit. Disregard Calgary comment. Obviously they already won.

I made the same mistake, thinking who will be the first since the Habs to bring it back to Canada.

If it's who has never won it, then it's between the Canucks and Jets no? Sens kind of won a Stanley Cup once didn't they? (weren't they the first way back when? I dunno)

IF that is the question here, I'm going with the Jets because they could win it this year, so could the Leafs, Habs and Flames.

Just takes the right bit of luck or something.

Leafs aren't quite there yet it looks, but a lot can change from now until playoffs start.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Still think oilers with the x factor. A competent gm can fix our garbage bottom 6 after Chiarelli is fired. Again for any other franchise this is a no brainer but the fact that Edmonton has 500+ sell outs is there incentive to change from the garbage management?

You can't trade for a Draisaitl and mcdavid which we are blessed with.
Aside from changing some of the names, this exact post could’ve been made on theboulers behalf 4-5-6 years ago.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Aside from changing some of the names, this exact post could’ve been made on theboulers behalf 4-5-6 years ago.

97 was an Oiler 6 years ago? Lol again I get the hate but all of chairelli garbage moves would be over in 2 years.

(this is the part where you tell me mcdavid will demand a trade this summer)

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
97 was an Oiler 6 years ago? Lol again I get the hate but all of chairelli garbage moves would be over in 2 years.

(this is the part where you tell me mcdavid will demand a trade this summer)
Yes. I’m a teenager who “hates” :facepalm: lol this place.

But enlighten me anyway, what is there to hate that’s so clear to get?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
The Jets are close this year, they have top notch management and coaching to stay in the hunt.

But the reffing, let's face it Bettman would rather Nashville or Vegas or San Jose.

I'm inclined to say Buffalo, sarcastically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad