Which bandwagon will you be jumping on?

Feb 12, 2003
I'd like to see the Caps and Isles do well in the East just because it's exciting to see the young emerging players like Tavares on the big stage as well as Ovechkin regaining form.

In the West I haven't really thought about it much at all. I don't think Chicago will go all the way, the goaltending is just not good enough to get there, and that is coming from a team that won with Niemi in the net. I'm firmly against Detroit, so they are easy to cheer against. I'd be mildly interested in seeing Vancouver go far just because I will be there during the later rounds of the playoffs and I am curious to see what a hockey mad city looks like. I'm an old school Kings fan (I know, sacrilage!) so they are probably my team in the hunt now.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The Sharks in the West and even more now that they have Torres.

The Bruins in the East since it would be nice to see them win it again for all that Boston has gone though. Hell, I would laugh my ass off if they did beat the Canucks in the finals again.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
The Bruins in the East since it would be nice to see them win it again for all that Boston has gone though.
For this reason, I want the Bruins swept in the first round. Heaven forbid the networks get a hold of that storyline for a Cinderella Bruins run :shakehead

Always root for Sun Belt teams to beat northern / O6 teams, so here's hoping the Capitals make a run in the East.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
For this reason, I want the Bruins swept in the first round. Heaven forbid the networks get a hold of that storyline for a Cinderella Bruins run :shakehead

Always root for Sun Belt teams to beat northern / O6 teams, so here's hoping the Capitals make a run in the East.

Yeah. I think it's pretty dumb how ppl feel that whenever there is a tragedy, the city that suffered it should win it all. Look at the dbacks/ Yankees series. Dbacks won it all right after 9/11. No correlation for the 2.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That's pretty much me in a nutshell. This whole ownership fiasco has left a sour taste in my mouth regarding all Canadian teams and all original six teams. I take great pleasure in watching them lose!
Yes I'm a little bitter. :D

TheMurdocktor

102, Row K, Seat 4
Jul 11, 2010
Glendale, AZ
Blues in the West (check the avi...my No. 3 team). So glad they are up 2-0 on the Queens!

Senators in the East. Yeah, I know Turris is there, but I like the rest of their team, especially Karlsson. Could be a darkhorse there.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I want Toronto to beat Boston. The constant booing of Kessel is pathetic. Congrats Boston, you're such ****** bags you've actually made me route for a Canadian team.

As for playoffs in general, I hope the Caps win it all.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I can't believe I'm going to say this but I want Toronto to beat Boston. The constant booing of Kessel is pathetic. Congrats Boston, you're such ****** bags you've actually made me route for a Canadian team.

As for playoffs in general, I hope the Caps win it all.

LOL! Most OBNOXIOUS fan base in the country. Have you ever witnessed the redsox fans (after finally winning the WS)? Give 'em a taste of fortune and they make New Yorkers seem meek!

And some claim my ex-Chicago bretheren are the worst :laugh:

CitizenCoyote

Mar 4, 2007
Right now, I'm all about rooting against teams, not for anyone. I despise the Leafs, so I'm rooting hardest for the Bruins right now, but don't particularly like the Bruins either, so hope they just get the job done and then go away.

Would like to see a quick exit for L.A., so go Blues.

Wings can't lose fast enough in any series ever any time any where, so go Ducks.

When Vancouver loses, it's always fun, but I don't want them to get swept. Keep the media circus going a bit longer -- maybe game 6 or something.

I had little interest in the Ottawa/Montreal series before yesterday. I can't root for Turris, but I also don't want to see Montreal get rewarded for over the top thuggery. I hope that game goes to quadruple overtime of the 7th game, and the winner gets swept easily the next round.

Once I'm done hating and actually rooting positively for someone, I suspect it will be either the caps or the blues. Sharks maybe, though rooting in division is hard when push comes to shove.

NYPhoenix

Apr 3, 2008
NYR fan living in PHX coming in peace here,

Why do you guys not support the Rangers more? Is there a hatred here that I don't see?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
NYR fan living in PHX coming in peace here,

Why do you guys not support the Rangers more? Is there a hatred here that I don't see?

I won't speak for our entire fanbase but I'm personally just really neutral on the entire eastern conference, but may dislike or like particular east teams depending on who plays for them (if I have a grudge against a player I'll probably dislike his whole team). There's also the stereotype that the Rangers are a team that tries to buy talent instead of grow it themselves, but I wouldn't really know the degree of truth, if any, in that.

Overall, I just don't really have a strong opinion of the Rangers. This year they're just underachievers that dropped to the 6th seed despite having a very strong-looking roster on paper at the beginning of the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad