Which 6 d-men would you dress?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If you were the head coach of the New Jesey Devils, which of these 6 defensemen would you choose to play not only opening night, but going forward into the season?

Feel free to discuss reasons why after voting.

Mongo Nation

Feb 12, 2009
North Jersey
I'd go with

Greene Merrill
Gelinas Larsson
Sal Zidlicky

Harrold 7th

Let Larsson play regularly, and give Severson the time to season and play big minutes in Albany. They'll be space for him next season

David Conte

Oct 6, 2014
If I were the head coach of the New Jersey Devils, my name would be Peter Deboer. Therefore, I'd dress them all with the exception of Larsson.

If I were allowed to change the identity of the coach, however:
Severson looks to be NHL-ready, but I think he'd benefit from some time in Albany especially since he is eligible without going through waivers.
Optimally, Sal can give some talks in the locker room then proceed to the press box.
Harrold and Sal are pretty much interchangeable in my mind.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
greene, merrill, larsson, gelinas, salvador, zidlicky

greene-merrill
salvador-larsson
gelinas-zidlicky (yes i am in favor of giving this potential disaster a chance. feel like they would either be really good together or horrendous)

harrold as #7

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Considering we see nothing about practices how would anyone actually have a reasonable idea of how to decide this?

You stop this reasoning right now. With the magic of Twitter we have perfect insight into how these players practice and train away from games :nod:

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Salvador wears the C. So he's definitely not being taken out. He could lose his arm in a boating accident and I'd still have him in there. ;)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd go with

Greene Merrill
Gelinas Larsson
Sal Zidlicky

Harrold 7th

Let Larsson play regularly, and give Severson the time to season and play big minutes in Albany. They'll be space for him next season

Same for me. I was actually fine with the way it was, and with Severson not being up. I'd actually rather Severson be in Albany.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Greene-Merrill
Zidlicky-Salvador
Larsson-Gelinas

Harrold Seventh

Severson Albany

Would prefer this. And it still may happen, but if there is a rotation and the current 7 guys all get a chance to play without anyone sitting for long stretches, I'd be OK with that as well.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
the message is very clear, that doesnt mean I have to agree with it

You don't agree with a guy breaking camp with the team after he won a spot on it? You think the guy who was a high end draft pick who has failed to impress should make it over him? Guys like Sev will make it over guys like Larsson every time when all things are equal. Larsson was never an incumbent. He never had a job to lose.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't for 1 second believe Severson in the lineup gives us the best chance at winning.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I don't for 1 second believe Severson in the lineup gives us the best chance at winning.

I believe you and I both have a similar love for Severson as I recall, but I have to agree. theres no need to rush him in, even if it wasnt at the expense of a #4 pick.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'd go with

Greene Merrill
Gelinas Larsson
Sal Zidlicky

Harrold 7th

Would prefer this. And it still may happen, but if there is a rotation and the current 7 guys all get a chance to play without anyone sitting for long stretches, I'd be OK with that as well.
Combo of these.

And I actually prefer Severson up, IF we go full rotation of D-men(aside from Greene). I actually feel this way about the fwds as well. Don't see this great need for guys to play 82 games. If you have the depth use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad