NFL: Which 5 historic picks are the worst?

Which 5 historic picks are the worst?

• WR Kevin White: No. 7 overall by the Bears in 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Ryan Leaf is more of an epic all time bust than a bad pick IMO.

IDK, maybe it's been lost with time but Leaf and Manning were far and away the 1-2 in that draft leading up to it. There were countless legitimate debates in the media over who should go #1 and they were seen as equally great prospects. It was all but accepted that which ever one you picked you were getting a Superbowl and HOF'er

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Ryan Leaf is more of an epic all time bust than a bad pick IMO.

IDK, maybe it's been lost with time but Leaf and Manning were far and away the 1-2 in that draft leading up to it. There were countless legitimate debates in the media over who should go #1 and they were seen as equally great prospects. It was all but accepted that which ever one you picked you were getting a Superbowl and HOF'er
Adding this hype you mentioned to his positional value (being a QB) and the Chargers trading up to draft him is what IMO makes him the biggest bust. Sorry Jamarcus Russell, you ain't the biggest bust ever, even for a QB.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Decided to revive this thread instead of starting a brand new one to ask where you guys think Zach Wilson ranks all time as a bust? One thing egregious about his scenario is he's near singlehandedly keeping the Jets, with their elite defense, from being Super Bowl contenders.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unlike some others, Wilson didn’t have the hype machine around him for an entire year. Mainly because what he was putting in tape wasn’t so impressive to warrant it, and he rose during the draft process.

He just looks like he has no game. And to me, I thought that in college too. I’m not a paid talent evaluator, but I just don’t know, especially given the circumstances surrounding of the season, how anyone saw that guy play and think he was a second overall pick, as opposed to at best, a second round pick.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Unlike some others, Wilson didn’t have the hype machine around him for an entire year. Mainly because what he was putting in tape wasn’t so impressive to warrant it, and he rose during the draft process.

He just looks like he has no game. And to me, I thought that in college too. I’m not a paid talent evaluator, but I just don’t know, especially given the circumstances surrounding of the season, how anyone saw that guy play and think he was a second overall pick, as opposed to at best, a second round pick.

I remember seeing him in the mid first throughout most of the year, then for some reason just starting shooting up draft boards after the Super Bowl.

I thought he could be good, but I also didn't know at the time his ego/personality/upbringing was somewhere between Josh Rosen and Manziel. Had I known that I woulda said stay for away.

Manziel you could see from a mile away that his play style wouldn't be long for the NFL regardless of the other issues. The Browns organization drafting him was just a nail in the coffin.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
One thing about Akili Smith: the opportunity cost of passing on the bounty Ditka offered up for Ricky Williams... but it was the Bungles and the would have just screwed that up too.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I hear more about Wilson's "thing" for moms than his play on the field. There is a reason for that, but the point is he's just not very good, at all.

Which means he'll be a Panther next year in another spin the wheel attempt at reviving "damaged goods" at QB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad