Which 2nd Wild Card is more likely to make it a series?

More likely to bounceback?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Colorado and New Jersey, the 2nd Wild Cards in their respective conferences, are down 2-0 against the top seeds (Tampa Bay/Nashville)

Which one is more likely to get back in it, avoid a sweep, force a game 5 or maybe a game 6 and beyond

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
NJ for sure. Tampa gave up some goals in these two games. I think Colorado is swept

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
New Jersey.

Something is not right with Tampa, and they can be vulnerable.

Having said that, both scenarios are highly unlikely right now, but if I had to pick a team, I would say NJ has a better chance.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
But I never really felt for even one second they were in those games. The score today was very misleading

LOL what?

The Avs were the better team period in game 1. And in game 2, 5 on 5 the Preds out corsi'd the Avs 39-31 but scoring chances was an even 19 a piece.

Ask any Avs fan and we'd tell you we were all happy to just make playoffs and not expecting to win. But you ask those same Avs fans now, and they'll also tell you it's actually a bit disappointing to be down 2-0 in this series. If not for goaltending it could easily be 1-1 right now.

The Avs have already made this series a pretty decent one despite being down 2-0. Both games have been close with neither team dominating the other.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Right now Colorado as they are playing better than I anticipated. What I also notice is Nashville often chokes during BIG games, but they battle through it and manage to pull out and not look like a choke.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
LOL what?

The Avs were the better team period in game 1. And in game 2, 5 on 5 the Preds out corsi'd the Avs 39-31 but scoring chances was an even 19 a piece.

Ask any Avs fan and we'd tell you we were all happy to just make playoffs and not expecting to win. But you ask those same Avs fans now, and they'll also tell you it's actually a bit disappointing to be down 2-0 in this series. If not for goaltending it could easily be 1-1 right now.

The Avs have already made this series a pretty decent one despite being down 2-0. Both games have been close with neither team dominating the other.
The Avs were better in the 1st period of game 1 by a bit. 2nd period Preds took over and Forsberg owned the 3rd...
Avs were not the better team....

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure why 1st Wild Card teams were excluded from this topic.

The statistic for all Wild Card teams is following (this year is not included):
1) Series winning rate: WC teams won 6 series and lost 10 series = 37.5%
2) Games wining rate: WC teams won 38 games and lost 52 games = 42.2%

This year games winning rate for WC teams is currently at 14.3%
So based on stats WC teams are due to bounce back at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Devils can only score in garbage time. Avs have actually looked good at times and have made the games competitive.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I am not sure why 1st Wild Card teams were excluded from this topic.

The statistic for all Wild Card teams is following (this year is not included):
1) Series winning rate: WC teams won 6 series and lost 10 series = 37.5%
2) Games wining rate: WC teams won 38 games and lost 52 games = 42.2%

This year games winning rate for WC teams is currently at 14.3%
So based on stats WC teams are due to bounce back at some point.
You should probably learn something about statistics and sample size before you try and draw conclusions from a 10 game sample.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Both one man teams, both equally terrible.

MacKinnon is a better all around player and can carry the team so I’d say the Avs though if I had to pick.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Both are likely to bounce back

What it basically comes down to is that Schneider has a better chance to to turn things around than Bernier does. Plus, Tampa is more vulnerable than Nashville right now. They are not near the level where you would expect them to be for quite a while now.

Nashville has been fortunate to get this guy 2 playoffs in a row. I really believe that Anaheim had the upper hand on the preds last year, and would have made the finals if Gibson didn't get hurt. This year with the way the avs have hung in there, you gotta think Colorado holds home ice advantage right now, if varlamov was starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad