WJC: Where would you rank the past 2 years(WJC) for Jordan Eberle?

• Thread starter Tavaresmagicalplay*
  • Start date

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I ask this because of what happened after the gold medal game.

During the post game show on TSN Duthie turns to bob mckenzie and asks something like "Do you think Eberle is the best we've ever seen for Canada at a World Juniors?" and Bob Mckenzies response was a firm yes. Gave me chills.

Then again Canada had just lost and was once again dominated by USA most of the game. There really was only one bright spot. And they were milking it for all it was worth.

EDIT: The timing seems odd I know but it just popped into my mind.

In Gillis We Trust

Jun 24, 2008
In a Paul Henderson sort of way IMO. Without looking at the numbers, there have been players that have been more dominant in overall play at the WJC's, but nobody even close when it comes to being clutch.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

That is true about him not really dominating games. In fact when I finished watching this last world juniors and reflecting on Eberles play this was one of the first things that came to mind when describing it.

Tim Duncan on Robert Horry:

It might sound contradictary, but in such a short tournament. Thats all you need. Thats why this guys past couple of performances are so amazing. Over the combined 4 weeks he just came up with so many clutch plays with such regularity that I was in no way surprised with what he did in the final minutes of that gold medal game despite not having a very good game.

Oilerfan120582

Jul 9, 2005
Eberle is certainly not the best player to play for Canada, but he probably put in the best performance in Canadian WJC history.

SpitsOHL89

Dec 8, 2009
Windsor
In only two years he is without question the most clutch player in the history of the WJHC, not just Canada. I wouldn't shy away from saying he is the most clutch player in Canadian hockey history, even ahead of Paul Henderson because Eberle did it in two different tournaments while Henderson did it in one series.

Just imagine even trying to fathom what he did the last two years, you wouldn't even think it would be possible

08-09 World Juniors:
-Ties semi-final game with 5 seconds left
-scores in shootout

09-10 World Juniors
-scores twice in regulation and once in the shootout in the New years eve classic against the States
-scores 2 goals in the last 3 minutes to tie the gold medal game.

You probably have a better chance of winning the lottery twice then do what he did in his two years at the WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad