Where would Vegas be without Fleury?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Even though they have Karlsson, Neal, and some other assets, it's quite a miracle that Vegas is still in the playoffs. Although, the biggest test IMO was against the Kings. Fleury and Quick played phenomenal, even though the Kings got swept. It could've been a goal difference between the Kings forcing a game 5 or the Kings winning the series if it didn't go Vegas's way. Even though the Sharks and Jets played well against them at times, the Kings series was all about goaltending.

Which brings me to my question:

Is Fleury the main reason why Vegas is succeeding, or is it team chemistry? A mixture of both?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They'd have picked a different goalie. Maybe Grubauer? Who else was available?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Bro did you literally copy and paste this thread title from a thread on page 2? Because there are like ten of these threads up right now.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
They'd have picked a different goalie. Maybe Grubauer? Who else was available?

This is the list of available goalies who fit the minimum exposed criteria.
DCn4wghXkAAdioL.jpg

Reactions: SotasicA

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Where would Vegas be without Fleury?

Nevada.

I've been there and can confirm that with or without MAF that Vegas will remain in Nevada.

Any other questions?

Reactions: SotasicA
Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I think a mixture of both team play and good goaltending, plus a lot of motivation. I'd say they're still a playoff team without him as long as the other goaltender is at least competent. But at the same time, I think Fleury's experience and solid play is key to getting them to where they are now in the WCF and that kind of veteran presence he has is going to help a great deal from here on out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad