Speculation: where will the leafs finish

Hunters Rule

Feb 6, 2015
7th, If these guys feel secure and start to win.... looked at our remaining games and we should really only be in on 7(Home Buf and Otw 2X. Away Edm, Otw, Buf and Cbj)of the remaining 19 games. Then we get fourth(MARNER) to bad Nonis didn't get something for Polak would have helped for the pick. Games we should lose Home Stl, Nyi, Sj, Min, Flo, Tb and Mtl. Away Flo, Tb, Clg, Van and Bos.

Last edited:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
If it is one thing our players can do is to show up when no one really cares. But hopefully the lack of Winnik, Franson, Santorelli etc will be to much for the team. Brewer, Lindstrom... yeah, great support players. If our core guys dont show up we will keep losing but as I said, when the pressure is off our core might just start winning again.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
New Jersey is flat out better then us, with a better goalie to boot. Not worried about them overtaking us in the least. Same with Dallas and Ottawa.

CAR and CLB are the teams to worry about. We finish 6th at the absolute worst.

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
6th or higher.
I expect the Leafs to go on a winning streak towards the end of the season and come to the conclusion that they have a great core to build around after all.
As a Leafs fan you should always expect the worst case scenario because as experience teaches the Leafs will always find a way to screw things up.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Thinking it'll be 3rd last.

Carolina, Columbus, Ottawa, New Jersey, and Dallas are all (mentally) in the race for the wild card, they're all competing. They all have good Win%'s in their last 20 games, better than the Leafs. Columbus is faltering a bit, they're the only team ahead of us that has a chance to fall further than us.

Edmonton has been playing quite well lately, and are ~.500 over their last 20 games. Their schedule to close out the season has only 8/19 games against playoff teams. Toronto also have 8/19 against playoff teams, but the Leafs have a worse win% over the past 20 games (around ~.200, and are way more demoralized).

So I think Edmonton will leap-frog ARI and TOR.

ARI has to play 12/19 against playoff opponents, though they do have to play BUFFALO twice! So there's a chance the Leafs could do worse than them, but not a great one.

Hence, 3rd last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad