Speculation: Where will MacArthur fit on his return?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
MacArthur expected to get the green light for an early January return, possibly January 7. Simple question, where does he fit within the line-up?

Does he get sheltered minutes on the third line? Small minutes with the fourth? Or does he get positive Top 6 which ramps up expectations and pushes Smith or Hoffman down???

I’m thinking the Brassard line is looking strong, so it could be the Turris line that gets a make-over, and adding MacArthur to Ryan on that line is not a strong positive and Hoffman should claim that spot anyway.

Dzingel will not mesh with slower Neil, Kelly, Lazar combo to highlight his speed and playmaking. I like him with Pageau, even if its off wing.

Hoffman – Turris – Ryan
Smith – Brassard – Stone
MacArthur – Pageau – Dzingel
Pyatt – Lazar – Neil
Kelly

Wondering where others would slot him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Man our 3rd line should be money with Mac on it.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
5-8 minutes a game initially. Maybe used on the PP.

Man our 3rd line should be money with Mac on it.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Consider how off a player can look after missing the pre-season, now consider that Mac has missed a good chunk of almost two seasons. He initially got hurt before the Hammond run, which by now seems like ancient history. At this point he has missed something like 120-130 games with 4 games and a bit of pre-season scrimmaging in between that time.

I don't want to sound too negative. Obviously, I'd love for the guy to come back and be great. But I think people need to lower their expectations, especially initially.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Can they still send Lazar to Bingo w/o waivers?

According to Capfriendly, no.

But not counting O'Connor on "emergency loan" we only have a 22 man roster right now, and that is WITH 3 goalies.

edit: that is 22 counting Mac....so yeah, not much reason to waive Lazar.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Hammy must be wondering why they are not asking Mac to go to Bingo for a conditioning stint.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
According to Capfriendly, no.

But not counting O'Connor on "emergency loan" we only have a 22 man roster right now, and that is WITH 3 goalies.

edit: that is 22 counting Mac....so yeah, not much reason to waive Lazar.

Not a question of need. If we need a spot does he need to be waived. If we want to keep him playing vs sitting does he need to be waived.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Personally, I think he's done. I'm afraid 1 more hit will do it, and it's not something I want to see. :(

149375-You-are-technically-correct-th-31q5.jpeg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hammy must be wondering why they are not asking Mac to go to Bingo for a conditioning stint.

He hasn't been cleared to play yet, so it's still a possibility. That said, easing a forward back into the lineup with sheltered mins is an easy thing to accomplish. Easing in a goalie with sheltered mins is impossible.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can they still send Lazar to Bingo w/o waivers?

He only has a few more games to go and he will start requiring waivers. I'm disappointed with Lazar but he still brings more than any one of Pyatt, Kelly or Neil. For me, the biggest benefit of Mac's return will be sending one of those three to the press box every night...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He only has a few more games to go and he will start requiring waivers. I'm disappointed with Lazar but he still brings more than any one of Pyatt, Kelly or Neil. For me, the biggest benefit of Mac's return will be sending one of those three to the press box every night...

I like Lazar too.

Comparing him to Kelly, Neil , Pyatt....

He should be better than either of those players hands down but it is close.

Kelly - could be argued that he is better defensively and has more trust and brings that vet presence that he was signed for ? (rightly/wrongly)

Neil - still brings a harder hitting, keep the opposition honest element that Lazar does not. Plus Neil has been playing ok overall in his limited role.

Pyatt - Has shown a little more offense. Is responsible and has Boucher's trust as well.

Keeping Lazar over any one of those guys is possible no doubt, but its not a slam dunk.

They may rotate them in and out. 3 play one sits ...next up ... keep them all in the game and give Kelly and Neil some games off.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I'm disappointed with Lazar but he still brings more than any one of Pyatt, Kelly or Neil. For me, the biggest benefit of Mac's return will be sending one of those three to the press box every night...

I disagree. Other than his Speed, Lazar hasn't done nearly enough other than his back checking. He's here to score goals, the other 3 are doing what they've been assigned to do and are doing it well enough.

Now back to the Mac Attack!

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

There is a problem if we are comparing Lazar to someone who played in Europe last year and two vets that are in the sunset of their career.

All three players bring more to the table than Lazar...he was a first round pick and Sens expect him to be much more than a 4th line checker, which is where his career is heading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad