Speculation: Where will Guenther play?

Where will Dylan Guenther play this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Nothing wrong w/him struggling up in the show as long as Bear and group understand that, but still give him 14+ mins a night. He will get better and be much better next year, compared to if he stayed in junior.

I'm predicting 15+ goals and 30+pts, which is fine for a rookie.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nothing wrong w/him struggling up in the show as long as Bear and group understand that, but still give him 14+ mins a night. He will get better and be much better next year, compared to if he stayed in junior.

I'm predicting 15+ goals and 30+pts, which is fine for a rookie.
Ok coach, whatever you say.:) You guys are talking like AT, BA and the rest of the coaching staff are dummies, and you all know the answers sitting in your armchair. We all have players that we have a soft spot in our heart. I would really like to see him make the team so we have something to look forward to instead of these over the hill or useless players, but he has to earn it.

He's an NHL player with nothing to gain by dominating the WHL. I say he SHOULD stay.
And you know this how?

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Ok coach, whatever you say.:) You guys are talking like AT, BA and the rest of the coaching staff are dummies, and you all know the answers sitting in your armchair. We all have players that we have a soft spot in our heart. I would really like to see him make the team so we have something to look forward to instead of these over the hill or useless players, but he has to earn it.

And you know this how?

My qualifications are unprecedented. 🤔

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Ok coach, whatever you say.:) You guys are talking like AT, BA and the rest of the coaching staff are dummies, and you all know the answers sitting in your armchair.
Jakey, are you saying that I shouldn't even state my "opinion"? Geesh, tough crowd.

I will always carry the 'opinion' that touted rookies, players that you feel are the core of the future, should be given consistent minutes every game and even though they might struggle early, the benefit on the back end will be a net positive.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Unfortunately camp was closed up tight as a drum this season and I don’t feel I have enough knowledge to vote.
Guesstimate (looking at roster spots / available players) is nine games, but ????

Edit: Yeah, I’m pissed about camp.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey, are you saying that I shouldn't even state my "opinion"? Geesh, tough crowd.

I will always carry the 'opinion' that touted rookies, players that you feel are the core of the future, should be given consistent minutes every game and even though they might struggle early, the benefit on the back end will be a net positive.
Stating your opinion is fine, but talking like AT and BA don't understand or know how to handle rookies is kind of over the top. No player should be given minutes, they have to earn minutes. We aren't talking RT and Stepan here, at least I hope not.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stating your opinion is fine, but talking like AT and BA don't understand or know how to handle rookies is kind of over the top. No player should be given minutes, they have to earn minutes. We aren't talking RT and Stepan here, at least I hope not.
DT & RT didn't know how to handle rookies and I don't believe in "Earn Their Mins"...they've done that by proving their production already, which is why they're so highly touted.

I know I'm cherry picking here, but when Stamkos had Melrose as coach, Melrose basically benched him, giving him less than 6mins a game and said he should go back to juniors because he's not ready. Then Melrose gets fired, the next coach comes in and gives Stamkos 14+ mins a night and low and behold, the 2nd half of the season he goes on a tear and is awesome.

The players need consistent time, because there are things they have to figure out, and sometimes you won't get the kind of production you want out of them, but in the long run, both them and the organization will be better off.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I'm convince Guenther is ready for the pro game, however I am not convinced he is ready for the pro season. I can see periodic healthy scratches and also I can hear the gripes from some of my fellow forum 40ers when this occurs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad