Where Was Turco !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan88*

:madfire: HA, WHERE WAS HE !!?!?!?!?!?

TURCO IS PLAYING AN OUTSTANDING SEASON
HE DISERVED AT LEAST ONE GAME

i mean serioulsy luongo isnt having far the great season he had 2 years ago. and forget about the *****in thing
turco deserved to play 1 game big time
i dont believe it
i just realised that today i guess the coaching staff did that too -___-

un****ingbelievable

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Oh ok, I see what you mean. You wanted him to play at least in the group round games? Dunno, I figure team canada didn't feel any need to rotate all three goalies. No team did in fact need to play more than 2 guys, but some did it anyway.

Turco wasn't going to be the 1st goalie (barring injury) whatever happened in those preliminaries. That's all I think. That's the fate of 3rd goalies :)

RangersFan88*

still nearly every team played their third goalie
god dammit let the dude play at least once ****

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RangersFan88 said:
still nearly every team played their third goalie
god dammit let the dude play at least once ****

You're in the Olympics to win, not to get everyone into the games

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Marty Turco is pretty ****ing far from having a great season, he has history of flopping in the play-offs and has no international experience compared to Luongo & Brodeur.

One of the few good choices in the games was not to use Turco.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Pepper said:
Marty Turco is pretty ****ing far from having a great season, he has history of flopping in the play-offs and has no international experience compared to Luongo & Brodeur.

One of the few good choices in the games was not to use Turco.

:biglaugh:

You love basing Stars players, don't you..

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Who cares? Other teams played their goalies because of either injury, or because they didn't have a clear number one goalie (ie. USA). Turco was just there as the third goalie in case of injury, that's it. Belfour didn't play in Salt Lake City, Brodeur didn't play in Nagano. Goaltending was not the issue in these Games, obviously.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Pepper said:
a 'history' of flopping in the playoffs? You call one sub par series against the Avs(in which Chris freaking Therien was the Stars leading goal scorer) a 'history' of flopping in the playoffs? Please.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Ott = Snott said:
Never mind.. I'll just be here enjoying every one of your posts. Keep it up!

Just like I expected, vocal protests but no facts to back them up.

:handclap:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Well you can't argue with the facts:

-No international success
-Average NHL season this year

and then you can question his play-off performance as well, has never raised his game in the NHL play-offs

beeker16

Jun 19, 2003
Big deal.
Belfour was the 3rd goalie last time and also didn't get ice time.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Here's why Turco didn't play: Canada got their creanpuff opponents (Italy, Germany) right away, but they had to play their top guys to easy them into game shape. Then once they started losing they had to play them again because they neeeded wins. If Canada had gone into the Czech game at 3-1 or 4-0, or if their last game had been against Italy, you probably would have seen Turco get a start.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
Honestly, what does this have to do with a team who scored in only one of the last 11 of 12 periods, and was outshot in each of the last three games by a 96-67 count, allowing over 30 shots in each of those games.

There was nothing wrong with our goaltending, we lost 2-0 three times and didn't get a power play goal in the last 37 chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad