Where to sit at TD Garden

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Dr.Sens(e), Oct 10, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dr.Sens(e)

Dr.Sens(e) Registered User

Home Page:
    Hey gents,

Sens fan here in peace.

I'm going to be in Boston in a few weeks for several days and on the 26th of October was planning on getting some tickets to the Devils game. I am planning on getting 4 seats together, likely in the lower level ($200+ per ticket, it looks like, which is ok).

Two quick questions:

- is stubhub my best bet? They have tons of tickets, but not sure if there is a better option for more tickets, but in terms of price and variety.

- is there a side or corner that is better than the other? I'm assuming not, but thought I'd ask.

Also, let me know any thing else re local knowledge that will be helpful. Parking won't be an issue, as we'll be cabbing it there from the hotel.

Thanks.

2. Ladyfan

Ladyfan Miss Savvy and Looch Sponsor

Look in the ticket thread (sticky) and check with Looch there.

3. qc

qc Registered User

Stubhub is not great, but not bad either.

I recommend Sullivan's Tap (right across the street) if you want to enjoy a few alcoholic beverages. Much cheaper than the 8 dollar dixie cups of beer that you get inside the Garden.

As far as seating, I prefer center loge, but there aren't many viewing obstructions (regardless of where you sit).

Have fun!

4. BNHL

BNHL Registered User Sponsor

Neuroscientist
    I think 13 rows back in the Loge blue line to blue line clears the glass all the way around. I like about 20 rows back,or the last row in the Loge center. Tonight I'm sitting in the 4th row in the Loge and to me they are not very desirable.

5. roccom33

roccom33 Loge 9 Row 23

This site has listings for most of the ticket resale sites. The list them with an interactive map and go section by section, row by row and they'll tell you who has the tickets the cheapest (with those B.S. service fees included in the price). This site was an absolute gem for me during the 2011 Cup run :).

http://seatgeek.com/devils-at-bruins-tickets/10-26-2013-boston-massachusetts-td-garden/nhl/1711170/

As far as seating I would imagine most NHL arenas are similar with their lower bowl. It's all about personal preference. My favorite spot to be at the Garden is somewhere in sections 5, 6, 7, or 8 in rows 1-5. That said my season tickets are in section 9 row 23. Love the view from there....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=984556580509&l=fee504ae07

Still for me, nothing beats being this close to the action...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=608037862039&l=966a698333

Moving on.........

If you're looking for a bar to go to before/after the game there are plenty of places across from the Garden. My personal favorite is The Greatest Bar. Starting about an hour before game time they start playing Bruins highlight packages. Some new, some old, some for just single players like Orr, Neely, and O'Reilly. There are four floors each with their own theme. As for Sully's, which was mentioned previously, I'm personally not a fan. Before/after games it is usually just too crowded and for as large as it is it's pretty compact. There are a couple more bars on Friend St and then a block over on Canal there are a handful like Boston Beer Works, The Four's and a couple others. Then there is The Harp right on Causeway. Plenty of options for pre and post game.

Hope this helps a bit. Have a great time!