Where to buy Penguins Jerseys online?

Saved*

Hey there,

I'm sure there is a ton of places and a ton of posts, but I'm more so interested in the opinions of people who have actually frequented some online retailers.

I'm looking to buy a jersey as a gift for a friend who had her Pens jersey stolen out of her hockey bag during pick up. She doesn't care if it is a 'knock off' as long as the quality is good and it isn't immediately noticeable / easily recognized as a knock off.

Any recommendations on sites to check out? I don't think she cares if there is a name on the back or not, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind, haha.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Get a knock-off. No need to spend $200-$300 when you can get something for $30 that's been reverse engineered off the real thing. But you do have to look things over. There's some ****** looking knock-offs. Checkout Alibaba Express for a good variety of suppliers.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Get a knock-off. No need to spend $200-$300 when you can get something for $30 that's been reverse engineered off the real thing. But you do have to look things over. There's some ****** looking knock-offs. Checkout Alibaba Express for a good variety of suppliers.

Have you purchased anything from there? The Lemieux vintage jersey looks actually pretty decent

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I haven't bought a jersey in about 10 years, but River City Sports was great when I did buy. Huge selection of international and CHL jerseys too if I remember. Good service, prices are decent. Really you're not going to get any bargains on authentic jerseys. They're pretty expensive everywhere you go. Personally I'm getting too old for the "wearing it out to bars" thing, but I might buy a new one this summer for my pond hockey adventures -- nice to be able to throw on a cool, non-NHL jersey over the ole polar fleece. Still wearing my old Edmonton alternate from about... 10 years ago. :D Always thought this jersey was a bad-ass choice for the outdoor game. Other than the batman shoulder crests, which annoy me. But hey life isn't perfect.

oilers_big.jpg

If you want to go mainstream retailer I'd just go with someone you know you can trust and get a no-hassle return, which pretty much means Amazon. Make sure it ships from Amazon though and not a 3rd party with a different return policy. Amazon will give you your money back no questions asked and pay to ship it back to them in cases of defects or wrong item sent.

Last edited:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I haven't bought a jersey in about 10 years, but River City Sports was great when I did buy. Huge selection of international and CHL jerseys too if I remember. Good service, prices are decent. Really you're not going to get any bargains on authentic jerseys. They're pretty expensive everywhere you go. Personally I'm getting too old for the "wearing it out to bars" thing, but I might buy a new one this summer for my pond hockey adventures -- nice to be able to throw on a cool, non-NHL jersey over the ole polar fleece. Still wearing my old Edmonton alternate from about... 10 years ago. :D Always thought this jersey was a bad-ass choice for the outdoor game. Other than the batman shoulder crests, which annoy me. But hey life isn't perfect.

oilers_big.jpg

If you want to go mainstream retailer I'd just go with someone you know you can trust and get a no-hassle return, which pretty much means Amazon. Make sure it ships from Amazon though and not a 3rd party with a different return policy. Amazon will give you your money back no questions asked and pay to ship it back to them in cases of defects or wrong item sent.

Don't forget to get Laraque stitched onto that classic jersey :sarcasm:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Don't forget to get Laraque stitched onto that classic jersey :sarcasm:

That's what I like about pond hockey [and rat hockey]... people show up (sometimes) with all kinds of jerseys. Doesn't have to be classic, just original.

I think it's pretty lame when everyone shows up in the home town jersey. Like the doofus at the gym in the 80s who showed up in a Michael Jordan jersey (there was at least one in every gym, nation-wide). Be original, right? Pick a design that kicks ass if the purpose is wearing it when you're out having fun. Even in Chicago I've had several "cool jersey" compliments. The only people who make wise-cracks are pubescent pudwackers whose mommy and daddy never taught them it's a bad idea to poke fun at strangers' jerseys. It's always fun to watch them skate away when I slowly turn and skate right at them, stare and say in a friendly tone "what... you don't like my jersey?" That's all I have to say and they skate away. :laugh: Obviously I'd never do anything to a kid but it's kind of fun scaring the ballsy little bahstids. Almost makes me want to take up Halloween pranks again.

But no... no numbers or names on my jerseys. Made that mistake once (Jagr), never again. Anonymous Jersey FTW.

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Also it should be made clear: I'm actually the "good guy" at the outdoor rink. Every year there's some poor kid just learning to skate / play who is stumbling along with a puck, and some a-hole 10th grader whose been in skates since he was three (and thinks he's cool because he's no longer a freshman), swoops in and steals the puck from the little kid, so he can skate backward circles around him. They literally do this (HS kids are ****ing mean around here).

So I'll skate right between them, take the puck, and give it back to the little kid. Then the HS dewsh gets the Darth-stare and order is restored in the universe. I am Good Samaritan Darth. Except if you're a teenage travel leaguer or HS hockey player with a big mouth, then I'm Scary Darth. Heheheh.

Last edited:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm gonna get a Gladams jersey created so it pisses off the fans at home games. I'd be treated worse than Philly fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad